Bike security- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bike security

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Bike security

Ello all. I had my last bike stolen recently so I am very sensitive about the security of my new piece. I just found out about Pitlock's stuff which sounds very good.
    1. I am really not sure about this system for my front disc equipped wheel. What do you think?
    2. The headset set system seems a little excessive- has anyone ever had forks stolen?

Single Speed since 1997
    Jan 2005
    I've been one bolt on a stem away from having my forks stolen while I was in a shop on the other side of the street in broad daylight, they would have got away with carbon bar, pace RC36, Titec bigAl stem hope disc hub X 517 and Cx Ray spokes and an Hope XC4 Disc set up
    If they want it they will get it all you can do is put obsticles in the thiefs way, use Tar- ox Head bolts every where you can or Fill the heads of existing bolds with ''Chemical Metal'' filler just make sure you don't use Ti or Alloy bolts as its tougher than both, cassy a small screwdriver to dig it out if you need to or repair the flat without taking the wheel off,
    buy absolutly the best lock you can afford, I now use this one after a Kryptonite NY jammed on me and I was able to get it undone with the bike still attached to the railing useng hand tool's

http://www.abuslocks.com/59series.asp

Members who have read this thread: 0