Bike control- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bike control

Low Rep Count

Bike control

I know that this is not a MTB clip but being of a roadie background and having raced on a velodrome back in the day in CO Spngs I could not help myself! Just insane! At speed! Oh, and the guys legs are frickn HUGE!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y-z0Kh0pvNM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y-z0Kh0pvNM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Low Rep Count
    It is a single speed video though!

Fixed and single.
    Holy cuss! That was an awesome recovery too. I like the saying "track racers are body builders who happen to ride bikes".
    "Those are some good humans."

local trails rider
    The glue on the other guy's tubular tíre failed?

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

The need for singlespeed
    Power oversteer on a bicycle--amazing!

mtbr member
    mad skid skilllllllz!

his tubular glue failed after he went down and the front wheel turned nearly perpendicular to his direction.

local trails rider
    The tire was off well before he hit the floor. Either he fell because the tire started coming off, or the tire started to come off because he was losing control... I cannot tell if the tire coming off was cause or effect.

I bet the guy who made it rides fixie in the streets. Want to call him hipster?

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

I'm just messing with you
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime
    I bet the guy who made it rides fixie in the streets. Want to call him hipster?
    If he's dressed like a fakerjack with skinny jeans, knuckle tattoos, and a pack of smokes in his pocket, sure.

It's not the bike that makes a hipster, it's their clown outfit. Some don't even own bikes. Shocking news, right?
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

Apr 2007
    Another sure sign of a hipster - I was in San Francisco 2 years ago and a dude with a shiny new Bianchi gets on the bus, then gets off 3 stops later.

Anyway, that vid is awesome. Saw it a couple years ago.

Retro Grouch
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime
    The tire was off well before he hit the floor. Either he fell because the tire started coming off, or the tire started to come off because he was losing control... I cannot tell if the tire coming off was cause or effect.
    mack_turtle is right. After the the rider bumps into the other rider, he oversteers to the right causing his front tire to continue to spin forward but being pushed almost perpendicular forward. This strips off the tire and he goes down. Although one could say the glue failed, but all glue fails which allows one to remove a glued tubular. I'm guessing at the moment of the oversteer, it started to peel off the tubular, much the same way one would manually remove a tubular. One first works on a small section, 2-3 inches. Once you have loosened the small section, the rest peels off with minimum effort.
    Just one more rep and I get the toaster!

Low Rep Count
    In watching it several times now, you can see where the inside riders elbow is sticking out blocking, the outside riders knee hits his elbow almost lifting him sligtly, thus turning his wheel and then down he goes. I would not say it was glue failure at that point. I mean the wheel hit the track sideways which is enough to cause any tubular to pop off. But the skill of the up right rider is just sick! At that speed to top it off!

The need for singlespeed
    The physicist in me was thinking about this a little more, and started wondering how aerodynamics may have assisted the surviving rider's recovery. At 40mph, the force on that rear disk wheel at an oblique angle to the direction is probably pretty significant, and may have helped him recover from that slide. Not to detract from his skill, but there was a lot of luck at play too.

mtbr member
    Whip skidz on the track Ya!

Members who have read this thread: 0