Bianchi San Jose????'s- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Bianchi San Jose????'s

Anybody happen to know the rear hub spacing? What size tires can fit in the frame/fork? Is the stock hub flip-flop? Can't seem to find this info anywhere. Thanks!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Anybody happen to know the rear hub spacing? What size tires can fit in the frame/fork? Is the stock hub flip-flop? Can't seem to find this info anywhere. Thanks!

Since the frame works with a Simano Nexus 8 hub, which has a 132 mm OLD, I'm figuring it's probably in a 132.5 mm spacing.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/b...os8/index.html

The frame is spec'd to clear 32 mm tires; not sure if you could go wider, though.

Finally, the rear hub is freewheel-threaded only. I can't tell if it's single- or double-sided.

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-157595

Hope this helps,

ECB
    Last edited by >>ECB<<; 12-31-2005 at 05:46 PM. Reason: more info

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    unfortunately, it's only single threaded and for a freewheel. your lbs should be able to switch it out for a flip-flop at not too much additional $. i was looking at these too, but ultimately decided that for the money, i would get more from a pompino; the san jose is a nice set up though, but would take a few upgrades to become more than a light duty off road or commuter imho.

good luck

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

the rear hub is a cheap-o

it's a 135 spaced hub you find on 27 inch freewheel replacement wheels just spaced over to give a decent chainline with a bmx freewheel. i flip-flop would probably add a bit of cost to the bike. surly makes a good flip-flop in that spacing that cost $60-70 which is more than the stock wheel is worth.

I'm sticky
    Aug 2004
    I saw a San Jose at a LBS a few days ago... pretty cool (except for the lack of a flip-flop hub).

Personally I'd go with a Redline 9-2-5.

Members who have read this thread: 0