Bianchi BUSS Seatpost Diameter ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Bianchi BUSS Seatpost Diameter ?

Anybody happen to know the seatpost diameter for the old UPS brown BUSS, maybe year 2000?

I'm trying to run a Thomson 26.8 410mm with Salsa QR clamp and getting slippage problems. Seems like the Thomsom is slightly undersized or I'm running the wrong size for this frame. Thanks.

mtbr member
    27.2 is the correct size

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlr40
    27.2 is the correct size
    Too big. Maybe 27.0, or my frame is different than yours?

mtbr member
    Mine used a 27.2, and 27.2 has been the spec for all those bianchi SS for a while. 27.0 is an unusual size but it's possible. You could call the Bianchi USA folks at (510) 264-1001

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    actually, the BuSS uses a 26.8mm seatpost. I have both a thomson and a dean for mine.

you can look it up on either sheldonbrown or bianchi websites if you don't believe me.

i find the salsa clamps very tempremental, you have to get the screw set "just so" to avoid slippage.

i like the hope QR clamps better, myself, but YMMV

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by biotruth
    actually, the BuSS uses a 26.8mm seatpost. I have both a thomson and a dean for mine.

you can look it up on either sheldonbrown or bianchi websites if you don't believe me.

i find the salsa clamps very tempremental, you have to get the screw set "just so" to avoid slippage.

i like the hope QR clamps better, myself, but YMMV
    Thanks for the info. Mine is definitely a 26.8mm also, as are the BUSS specs I found with a Google search. Don't know when the 27.2mm was introduced.

I'll give the Hope QR a try with the Thomson post and see if that works. I upgraded to the Thomson from a Titec and the Titec never slipped with the Salsa QR, but it's a little short.

Members who have read this thread: 0