Best sub 700 Singlespeed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Best sub 700 Singlespeed

I am looking for some guidance. I am interested in getting a single speed. Choices are open. I have looked at the p.1, unicog, and others, but I am always open to other ideas. Looking for a bike to ride off road and a little commuting or grocery getter. Thanks
    Last edited by smilin-buddha; 09-18-2005 at 05:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Misfit Psycles
    it is the right time of year to pick up something for alot less then way back in march...

aside from brand-new you could build one up of bits and pieces, this takes some time and frankly some luck. what about a previously enjoyed ride - or - new a new to you ride? this oft allows you a better bike then your initial budget.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Steamroller

I'd vote for a Solo-One

You can get a KHS Solo-one for about $500-550 new, maybe cheaper this time of year. It's a great ready to ride complete SS bike, though I would add a Tuggnutt. You could also build several different budget frames up into complete bikes in the same range.
    Two Wheeled and Too Big

Recovering couch patato
    Fisher Rig. Sell the Reba fork (though it's great), and get a used Surly Karate Monkey fork. Golden combination. Heck, the fastest rider at the WCSS roade that setup!
    You'll have powerful disc brakes, capable tires, a light EBB frame, very nice rims, decent cranks, etc.
    It can be done for $700.

MOOSE KNUCKLE?

E-Bay On -One

I recently saw a On -One SS Inbred complete, from some shop in FL for $699. Rigid all around. If it were not for my current project, I would have bought it. And ther is this one I recently saw.
    Item number: 7183083543 on E-bay
    Bikes are life! Some people don't have a bike...
    Wade

Members who have read this thread: 0