mtbr member

Best SS Niner of the two...

Been surfing this site trying to get an idea of what I might want. I would like a SS with capability for a suspension fork and possiably gears later (if the SS doesn't work for me)
    I was looking at the Redline Flight and Karate Monkey.Anyone with some comparison help? I live in the Midwest so not too much rocky/ sketchy stuff. Mabee the rigid fork I start with will do- but would still like the option of suspension. The SS will most likely stick though. Best for the money??
    Thanks for your help.

mtbr member
    Or mabee I should also ask the difference of the Redline Flight and Monocog. I do want the disc brakes so.....

mtbr member

Good job!

I Love my Raleigh XXIX!
    Go BIG (in your own way), or Stay Home

mtbr member
    Yeah I've looked at the XXIX too, but I don't think it is available for a suspension fork.... Although it does have everything I need at a great price... HMMMM???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDIN'MO
    Yeah I've looked at the XXIX too, but I don't think it is available for a suspension fork.... Although it does have everything I need at a great price... HMMMM???
    the XXIX is the same as the Monocog, but lighter!

as far as it being rigid spec- when I started Mt biking I put a susp on a rigid spec GT Outpost trail, the fork made it better.
    Go BIG (in your own way), or Stay Home

mtbr member
    It may not come with a suspension fork, but you could very easily change the rigid fork for a suspension fork.

I live in the midwest as well, but personally, don't see the need for a suspension fork and run my 29er rigid.

Call it personal preference but I prefer the instant feedback from the rigid, especially on the back side.

mtbr member
    Hey, I just got off the phone w/ a Raleigh tech and he said that the XXIX is suspension corrected so- No Worries!!

^^^^^^^JERRY RULES!!!! RIP.^^^^^^^^

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jddjirikian
    Call it personal preference but I prefer the instant feedback from the rigid, especially on the back side.

Sorry, the 12 year old came out of me and I couldnt help it.

mtbr member
    Hey, I just got off the phone w/ a Raleigh tech and he said that the XXIX is suspension corrected so- No Worries!!

^^^^^^^JERRY RULES!!!! RIP.^^^^^^^^
    Always thought it was the other way around. I think the rigid XXIX features a shorter non-suspension corrected fork. I'm almost positive of this. But it probably wouldn't matter much anyway - it'd just make your front end a tad slacker (which might not be bad).

mtbr member
    Yeah, I thought the same also. (XXIX= no suspension corrected) that's why I called. It kind of caught me off guard when he said it was. But he didn't sound very confident. I was told this was one of the only new bikes not sus. corected. I'll keep checking to see for sure.

How would the front end being "slacker" effect the ride???

Members who have read this thread: 0