BEER ebb- Mtbr.com

Thread: BEER ebb

mnoutain bkie rdier

BEER ebb

Any current updates? Are there members out there using this with a ton of success? I am eyeing a frame (carbon 29er) that I want to use the BEER ebb conversion on, but don't know enough to be confident with the purchase.

I am assuming that using the BEER ebb will void any frame warranty

Seems like a bit of a gamble. Thoughts?

Thx.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Are you looking for a threaded shell to EBB conversion or the BB30 to EBB conversion?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'm still happily running mine without issue. Just did a 12 hour race and I did have one little hiccup but I blame the mechanic (me). I changed gears before the race and didn't tighten the EBB all the way so the chain came loose. Tightened it mid race and all was golden. I would and do recommend it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Me too. Bb works great, no noise, no slip . I wish I could say the same for my Lefty.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

mtbr member
    Add a third to the list. I am using it on an unbranded carbon frame. It didn't void my warranty. I actually have a warranty replacement frame sitting at home waiting to be built.

What day are we riding?
    I have been racing on one of their PF30 ones all season. Would buy it again. Much prefer it to other eccentrics I have tried.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    I have not decided on a frame yet. What frames are you all using and having luck with?? I am considering the Grammo 29er Carbon..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Cannondale Flash Alloy 29er.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I have feed back on both the frame and the EBB30 since that is my setup.

I have the Grammo, sold by Origin 8 with their paint job as the Paladin, and it's sweet. (Also seems to be sold as the OneGhost). I'm also running the Beer Components EBB30 with my 24mm spindle SLX cranks, e-thirteen guide ring, Chris King cog on and nine speed chain in case I ever want to convert it to 1x9 - doubt that will happen as this drivetrain has the least friction of any bike I have ever ridden - the Phil Wood bearings are smooooooth. No slippage ever and no creaks.

For what it's worth, the Origin 8 is sold with the carbon fork (QR only) and has a 5 year warranty rather than the 2 year warranty and fork sold separately on the Grammo. Look at geometry closely to see if it will work for you. I found it a little odd in that I ride a 17" frame that Origin 8 calls the size small when I usually ride a 17.5 or 18 in other bikes, but just needed a little longer stem than my last bike. I don't use the carbon fork.

Members who have read this thread: 0