Back On It- Mtbr.com

Thread: Back On It

Fartographer

Back On It

Due to much rain and a mechanical on my VP-Free, I mounted up the Jericho this weekend. It was awesome! Psyched to start cruising the single again

More...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

mtbr member
    I hear ya PJ! I've been off all the bikes for about 1 1/2 months. I started riding again this week. It's been great.
    The cool thing is the "new" feel is back for me, but I'm not so "new" that I can't clean the hills!!
    I actually rode past Hans Ray this afternoon in Aliso on the way up Rock-It. It's always a great feeling when a bike celeb gives you the "Niiiiicccceeee climbing!" comment.

Enjoy the ride!
    Hey when are you coming down to visit your sister.... and us???
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

Fartographer

Climbing

Andy-
    I didn't know you hadn't been riding. I'm sure your fitness base is good enough that you can still kick most people's asses a couple times over. I, on the other hand, was hurting. I would have lost site of your whole group in a minute. So why were you off the bike? And how's the oak?

I have actually been thinking about making a trip down south. Seems like every weekend I either have a commitment or I'm too burnt to go anywhere. But I'm working on it. I haven't seen my nephew since Christmas 2004. And I've never ridden Aliso Woods. Life is too short and busy, huh?

Expert Pushing SSer
    Photo-John,

Judging by the avatar, you have been spending your time in the weight room. So good on you. As for Ory-gone, it is like split pea soup everywhere. I last rode in November, and have been off and on with the spin class. More off. So this weekend will be intersting with the All Cummers Meat group ride. BTW-nice Jericho. Josh makes fantastic cutlery.
    Tuff Schist

Fartographer

Soupy

I betcha it's soupy up there. I find it hard to believe there's a planned event. Maybe it should be changed to a canoe gathering

I have a trainer in the house but I haven't used it for a year. Maybe this week...

The Jericho is wonderful. I forget how great it is when I've been off it for a while. I was riding faster than I thought prudent on the downhills - especially after riding the VP-Free for the past few months. But damnit, I couldn't help myself! It was just too fun!

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I betcha it's soupy up there. I find it hard to believe there's a planned event. Maybe it should be changed to a canoe gathering

I have a trainer in the house but I haven't used it for a year. Maybe this week...

The Jericho is wonderful. I forget how great it is when I've been off it for a while. I was riding faster than I thought prudent on the downhills - especially after riding the VP-Free for the past few months. But damnit, I couldn't help myself! It was just too fun!
    Or perhaps we could have a bi-athalon: canoe 4 miles, (try and) MTB 15 miles. Could do relays etc. It always feels faster on the SS than my "other" bike. Cheers!
    Tuff Schist

Fartographer

Shiggy's Canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    Or perhaps we could have a bi-athalon: canoe 4 miles, (try and) MTB 15 miles. Could do relays etc.
    What would Shiggy's canoe look like? It would have to be retro-grouch birch bark and it would probably be either rasta colors or just one big messed up rainbow tie-dye

Expert Pushing SSer
    What would Shiggy's canoe look like?
    Most certainly hand carved (absolutely zero use of power used to construct, electric or otherwise) dyed with crushed blueberrys, and would still be faster than any racing canoe in production today.
    (Sorry very bored at work today, so lurk mode on).
    Tuff Schist

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

Nics Pecs John...

Makes me frown at my belly even more!! Gotta love PhotoshopCS.

mtbr member
    Andy-
    I didn't know you hadn't been riding. I'm sure your fitness base is good enough that you can still kick most people's asses a couple times over. I, on the other hand, was hurting. I would have lost site of your whole group in a minute. So why were you off the bike? And how's the oak?

I have actually been thinking about making a trip down south. Seems like every weekend I either have a commitment or I'm too burnt to go anywhere. But I'm working on it. I haven't seen my nephew since Christmas 2004. And I've never ridden Aliso Woods. Life is too short and busy, huh?
    Thanks for the prop's but you know how the crew is down here.... super fast (for us mortals.) They can drop me like you drop a camera. Too quick and too easy.
    No reason for being off the bike, I just needed something else (actually nothing else other than beer!)

Would love to have you come visit. I posted this on passion, but I'll throw it out here too. Here is our SoCal sunset for Tuesday (from Aliso & Woods Canyons with Catalina Island in the background.)
    Last edited by Andy aka Rut; 01-17-2006 at 11:17 PM. Reason: bad typing skills
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

Members who have read this thread: 0