Awesome flat pedals...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Awesome flat pedals...

Are the Odyssey Twisted PCs. Cheap as chips, super light and durable.

All you flat pedal riders are probably riding crazy overbuilt pedals (I know I was) and these are a great way to shed some weight. They hold up to BMX street use, so they'll certainly hold up for a singlepeed. To top it all off, they're under 15 bucks.

Suffering Mightily
    Those are great pedals. I had some on my BMX cruiser. The "twisted" design is unique.
    Cheers!
    Without freedom of choice, there is no creativity. Without creativity, there is no life. The body dies.

mtbr member
    They don't really hold up to BMX street use. They're considered semi-disposable. Run 'em. Destroy them in a few weeks of riding. Replace 'em. The BMX world is a little obsessed with plastic right now.

http://profileracing.com/news_full.php?id=689

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I wouldn't consider them as such. As long as you're not pedal grinding haggard ass ledges constantly they'll hold up. Yes, they'll wear down over time from grinding/crashing (hell, I almost ground through a metal Twisted just from coping) but that would never happen on an SS. Normal use would see things shine.

And you do know that those Profile "plastic cranks" were an April Fools joke, right?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The new plastic cranksets, called Fantastic Plastic, will compliment a new plastic pedal already being manufactured by another components company.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSasky
    They don't really hold up to BMX street use. They're considered semi-disposable. Run 'em. Destroy them in a few weeks of riding. Replace 'em. The BMX world is a little obsessed with plastic right now.

http://profileracing.com/news_full.php?id=689
    Added Apr 1, 2008 it says at the bottom of the article

As for the pedals, i wouldn't get them, shimano DX flats are still the best and i wouldn't buy other pedals if i needed a pair today. Don't ride crap, it'll be more expensive anyways in the end. Those odyssey pedals are so cheap the bearings must be **** and what is more, i cannot see an allen key insert at the other side of the spindle so the bearings are not replacable nor servicable. Seriously, go for something much better, shimano DX being the best (but not the most expensive).

One What?
    I rode those for awhile before going clipless on my Mtn Fix. Not a bad pedal at all for the money IMO.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    The bearings are both servicable and replaceable. What they are not is sealed. It only takes about 5 mins to repack one. Most high end Shimano hubs are unsealed. Unsealed is pretty good and even I'll admit that selade is both better and easier to service.

Welcome to the Gem...
    overbuilt platforms? i run the magnesium ones from wellgo. they're crazy light, but tough. the pins are super sticky, for $50, i think they're a better deal, personally.
    Ibis Tranny 29

Members who have read this thread: 0