Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Auburn 3/12 SSers

900 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Captain Kana 
#1 · (Edited)
I raise a toast to my fellow SSers on yesterdays epic ride. K-max, JMac47, BigBoulder, and I believe Fred-da-trog. K-max left me one beer for after todays ride. JMac47 hope the hand is ok.
Dan C. :D

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I was up there with a small group Saturday also. What gear ratio do you run for a ride like that? Did you have to walk many spots due to the gearing? That's great that you can ride an SS up there. It was tough even with gears.

#3 ·
Not Fred

Captain Kana said:
I raise a toast to my fellow SSers on yesterdays epic ride. K-max, JMac47, BigBoulder, and I believe Fred-da-trog

It was my younger, better looking little Trog brother, Joseph. I was planning on being there but a family situation in Portland took me north for the weekend. Great photos and ride reports, wished I could have been there. Congrats to you SS'ers.

#4 ·
sfr4dr said:
I was up there with a small group Saturday also. What gear ratio do you run for a ride like that? Did you have to walk many spots due to the gearing? That's great that you can ride an SS up there. It was tough even with gears.
I rode 34-18, but that is on 29 inch wheels. About three gear inches harder than 2-1. Next time I would use 34-20 on 29 inch wheels. I had to walk a few areas, but not anymore than some of the gearies.
Dan C.

#5 ·
fred-da-trog said:
Captain Kana said:
I raise a toast to my fellow SSers on yesterdays epic ride. K-max, JMac47, BigBoulder, and I believe Fred-da-trog

It was my younger, better looking little Trog brother, Joseph. I was planning on being there but a family situation in Portland took me north for the weekend. Great photos and ride reports, wished I could have been there. Congrats to you SS'ers.
The toast was already raised. I toast again to Joseph.
Dan C. :D

#9 ·
A delayed Prost back atcha...

I just saw this thread. That ride was definitely in the epic category. I'm also running a 34x18 gear. It was really hurting toward the end of that ride! Thanks so much for the AB ale! Just yesterday I went to BevMo and picked up a 22 oz. of both the IPA and the 8th Anniversary Ale. Needless to say, I had a good buzz. I owe ya! In fact, my homebrew IPA is on its way to goodness. I need to plan a ride that involves a BBQ at my place afterward and a beer sampling session. Are you hitting the Trailhead Swap Meet? If so, I'll see you there.

Happy St. Patty's!

Kyle

#10 ·
K-max said:
I just saw this thread. That ride was definitely in the epic category. I'm also running a 34x18 gear. It was really hurting toward the end of that ride! Thanks so much for the AB ale! Just yesterday I went to BevMo and picked up a 22 oz. of both the IPA and the 8th Anniversary Ale. Needless to say, I had a good buzz. I owe ya! In fact, my homebrew IPA is on its way to goodness. I need to plan a ride that involves a BBQ at my place afterward and a beer sampling session. Are you hitting the Trailhead Swap Meet? If so, I'll see you there.

Happy St. Patty's!

Kyle
I will be there.
Dan C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.