Attn: Jabberwocky Owners- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Attn: Jabberwocky Owners

Just bought and built up a new Jabberwocky. Picking up the final part (seat post clamp) tonight. Wont have a chance to hit dirt till Sunday though - can't wait!!

Here's my question: anyone else have issues with the rear brake? I can't keep it from rubbing. I'm thinking that sanding the hub-side of the brake mount on the frame will give me enough clearance.

The brake rotor will hit the washers on the calipher mounts if they're not set up just right. Anyone else have these problems? How'd you solve it?

I have American Classic hubs and Avid Elixer R brakes by the way.

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    I had issues. I faced the Avid ISO adapter and that solved the issue. This was with Juicy Ultimates but I doubt that matters.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    Speedway Cycles Fatback Ti SS
    1984 Trek 560
    http://slipangles.blogspot.com/ - It's supposed to be fun

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have Juicy 5's on my Jabberwocky. I didn't have to face the mount but I have to fiddle with them forever to get them setup just right so they don't rub. Probably would save me some time if I would just go ahead and have it faced.

mtbr member
    I have had to remove the paint from the inside of the brake caliper on my Jabbers to ensure everything fit well. I normally just take a razor blade and remove any paint from the surface, and it has worked well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    That's what I was thinking about doing, removing the paint from the inside of the caliper mount on the frame. I've got it set so it doesn't drag much, you can't even tell when riding it...but I want it perfect.

Members who have read this thread: 0