Anyone on a On One Scandal frame?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone on a On One Scandal frame?

Build specs and thoughts?
    Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.

mtbr member
    Yep, just took mine out for the first time yesterday and I honestly don't have enough good things to say. Skeptical at first b/c it was my first 29er since a bad experience on a Niner frame about 2 years back, and I'm fiercly devoted to my trusty 26" steed. After yesterday I've been converted. Love it.

Black On One Scandal Small Singlespeed:
    -Origin 8 Tapered Carbon Fork
    -Chris King headset
    -Forte stem, carbon seat post, pro SLX seat
    -Noir carbon flat handlebar
    -XTR xc brakes
    -E-13 cranks/BB
    -Crank Bros Candy pedals
    -Stans Arch wheel set
    -Fast Trac Control tires

Came in at 19.02 lbs
    Super fun, totally responsive, I love it and would absolutely recommend it.

mtbr member
    Here are some pics, hope you like!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone on a On One Scandal frame?-475.jpg  

Anyone on a On One Scandal frame?-476.jpg  

Anyone on a On One Scandal frame?-477.jpg  

Anyone on a On One Scandal frame?-478.jpg  

Anyone on a On One Scandal frame?-479.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice looking bike. I was contemplating switching frames due to the issues I am having with the rear of my diSSent constantly loosening and striped dropouts and getting no help from Misfitpsycles. I never see a bad thing said about the On One frames and the price is right on the Scandal so I was thinking about dropping some cash on one and giving it a try.
    Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.

Riding rigid
    Mar 2007
    I like how the rear brake caliper is tucked in between the stays, very clean looking.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Nice looking bike. I was contemplating switching frames due to the issues I am having with the rear of my diSSent constantly loosening and striped dropouts and getting no help from Misfitpsycles. I never see a bad thing said about the On One frames and the price is right on the Scandal so I was thinking about dropping some cash on one and giving it a try.
    One would have to believe that in an attempt to solve your dropout slippage issue you must have over torqued the bolts and stripped out the sliders. As an owner of a Misfit I'll admit that the slider set up is less than desirable but if you'll get yourself some lock washers or star washers you should be good. At least it worked for me.

mtbr member
    Yeah, first I stripped the stock bolts, completely rounded out the head, still loosened up. Got some grade 8 hex socket bolts from Lowes and some matching split lock washers. Tightened those down and stripped out one drop out. Had a spare set so I replaced it pre-race. Got lined up and the race started. 100 yards off the start, the rear wheel twisted and the chain went slack and I had to stop. The other drop out stripped. Replaced it and was able to finish the race. Chain was looser at the finish then it was at the start, so it still wasn't holding tight. That was with washers and loctite. I emailed Misfit several times with one response asking for pictures and haven't heard anything since. All I wanted was possible suggestions on how to fix the issue.

It's a nice frame and so far I love the geometry and the ride, but if it's going to loosen over the course of a 6 mile ride everytime I ride, it's just going to be more trouble than it's worth.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pharm View Post
    I like how the rear brake caliper is tucked in between the stays, very clean looking.
    Having the disk there also solves the issue of braking forcing the wheel on the non-drive side backwards. Seen people complain on this with other SS bikes.
    The only problem is it doesn't give a lot of room for the caliper.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I have the 26er as a SS and am very happy with it. The frame is very light so it carries speed really well, its a good climber and fun to ride. I'm currently ridding mine rigid as a commuter with On One carbon forks and slicks and it feels like cheating lol

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    Having the disk there also solves the issue of braking forcing the wheel on the non-drive side backwards. Seen people complain on this with other SS bikes.
    The only problem is it doesn't give a lot of room for the caliper.
    I bought my Inbred because of the brake calipers location. One complaint (not very big one though) is that with the calipers location it is harder to install/adjust the rear brakes, but more than worth it.

mtbr member
    Still contemplating getting this frame. If I thought I could sell off the diSSent I'd do it for sure. But since I just ordered a road bike and bought a CK hub for my SS, funds are short and I don't want to be totally broke buying a new frame. But the price seems great and I'd hate to miss out. Damn it I hate decisions like this...lol

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Nice forte parts...... Ppssshhh

Go for broke.

mtbr member
    what up TBone? Walked that Tinkerbell bike of yours lately?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    bought a CK hub for my SS
    Nubster you're gonna LOVE that King hub.

I bought a set of used Kings (ss rear) laced to Flows about a month ago as they are really nice. I'm a King junky ... wheelsets on both my other 29ers are Kings, plus all three bikes have King headsets and BB's, got a few King cogs for the ss, too.

Disclaimer ... I spend WAY more than I should on bike parts, but it's my only real vice...

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneTX View Post
    Nice forte parts...... Ppssshhh
    That's what your first and only post is? What's wrong with Forte?

I also have heard very little if any negative feedback about on one products. My next bike is definitely going to be an on one. Now which should I choose?
    "Your opinion may vary, but it's stupid." -Rich Dillen

Members who have read this thread: 1