Anyone know about Cook Bros. cranks?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Anyone know about Cook Bros. cranks?

My cousin is going to use a old set of Cook Brothers cranks he got from his dad. He is a Clydesdale and he's worried about strength. He described them to me over the phone and I saw some pics of some online but I don't know much on them. I read a post last night where the guy compared them to Kooka. If that is the case, I say stay away as much as possible since Kooka made absolute crap with terrible customer service. LOL...one ride and you'd snap the cranks or bend and have broken the chain rings. But hey....looks were great. Just don't ride it....HA HA. Are Cook Bros the same warning?

mtbr member
    don't know about breaking, but I do remember hearing how amazingly flexy they were, flexy enough to drop chains even. Even if they don't break, that doesn't sound like something an SSing clyde would want

mtbr member
    Cook Bros is back in business. They have a discussion about their old cranks and how they weren't really right for multi chain ring mountain bikes. their new products are for singlespeed only:
    Then things started to change & change quickly. With the changes, I adapted the "dog bone" style CBR cranks as best I could. I also concurrently designed and manufactured the new E cranks to optimize multi-ring gearing. But there came a time and place that the "Dog Bone" style crank STOPPED being a functional design for a multi-ring crank set! And I stopped making them. That is why I am currently only offering the Bonz as a single ring crank set...For now.
    http://www.cookbros.com/index.php?op...=62&Itemid=125
    Last edited by smilinsteve; 06-21-2010 at 12:20 PM.

mtbr member
    The Cook's Crank Thread To End All Cook Crank Threads

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=192813

mtbr member
    raced on them for years and broke a set in mid 90's. It was used as a triple.

Members who have read this thread: 0