mtbr member
    May 2007

anyone interested in an ovalized chainring for the M960 cranks?

I want something similar to the Rotor Q-ring for my M960 cranks. Unfortunately Rotor has discontinued the 102 BCD. I was thinking of drawing up a ring and having it CNC'd, but it would greatly reduce costs if I did a few extra. Does this interest anyone?

Axles of Evil

Maybe...

Been wanting to try one. What kind of cost are we talking? I'll ask a few folks I know around here, too.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SS-Dad View Post
    Been wanting to try one. What kind of cost are we talking? I'll ask a few folks I know around here, too.
    It really depends on how many you make. Under $100 is definitely doable, but if there is enough interested, $25-$50 is easily achievable.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Talk to ISAR maybe? You need to be able to design the right alignment into the ring to make it effective. If they were properly designed and cheap, I'd consider giving it a try. I'm a bit of a skeptic and I'm not willing to shell out a ton of cash on a Rotor.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BShow View Post
    Talk to ISAR maybe? You need to be able to design the right alignment into the ring to make it effective. If they were properly designed and cheap, I'd consider giving it a try. I'm a bit of a skeptic and I'm not willing to shell out a ton of cash on a Rotor.
    The design would be very similar to rotors design. I would have just bought a rotor, but they no longer carry the 102 BCD. Quality shouldn't be an issue, using 7075 T5 Aluminum just like the HBC rings. I'm shooting for $60.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    in a 32? yes id pay. ive used the rotof rings for 2 yrs and prefer them to round on ss. just picked up a 960 crank im going to mod.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I'd be in. i have a modded 960 crank sitting here, but i don't want to give up my q ring. i'd imagine it would still be 34 tooth just to keep it simple.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    any upate on this project guys?
    also looking for "q ring type" chainring for my m960.

openwound
    If the price is right, I'd buy a 32t.
    -- let's ride

Members who have read this thread: 0