Anyone have a Spot Rocker set up rigid?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone have a Spot Rocker set up rigid?

How is it? I am going to be building up a new 29er singlespeed and this frame is towards the top of my list. I'll be running a whisky 9 or MRP rock solid depending on a2c requirements. Other frames I'm looking at are the soma juice and vassago jabberwocky (when available.) I'd love to hear some real world feedback on the rocker with a rigid fork.

mtbr member
    I'll report back once I get mine together.

mtbr member
    I go to it together yesterday! I'll get all of the measurements tonight but a quick check puts the headtube at 68 and the seat tube at 75. I have a reverb that will be going on it and am considering ditching the 2.35 NN for a 2.6 in front. The fork is a carver 490 trail with boost spacing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Nice looking ride! Curious how slack a true 68 HTA on a rigid feels, without the normal fork sag on a "68". Also, do you know how much a Rocker frame weighs?

mtbr member
    I'm not sure on the frame weight but the complete bike is 23.3 lbs as it sits.

mtbr member
    The official numbers:
    HT 68
    ST 75
    BB 12.2
    24.1 lbs with 100mm reverb
    Schwalbe NN 29x2.35 front and rear

I got it out last night for a short course xc race and it rode great. It pedaled well while seated or standing and was just slack enough to descend with speed and confidence. I cant wait to get it out this weekend for some longer rides.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_twin View Post
    The official numbers:
    HT 68
    ST 75
    BB 12.2
    24.1 lbs with 100mm reverb
    Schwalbe NN 29x2.35 front and rear

I got it out last night for a short course xc race and it rode great. It pedaled well while seated or standing and was just slack enough to descend with speed and confidence. I cant wait to get it out this weekend for some longer rides.
    Looks Good man. Couple of those being built up here locally.
    That 2.6 will fill better out front I believe. Should take a bit of edge off if you stick with the rigid fork.
    Was talking to a guy tonight that went that route on his Sir9 and he loves it. Im running a 3.0 now on a 30mm IW rim and love it but may try the 2.6 on the wider rim. Ive been running narrow hoops with the 3.0 and havent had a problem but thought I would try the wider rim and there's a difference I just havent had enough time on them to pin point exactly what it is.
    Keep us posted on the new ride. Im thinking about pulling the trigger on that frame myself.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I should get a few rides in this weekend and will definitely report back. That is, as long as it's still mine. My wife rode it around the other day and quickly declared it her new bike.

mtbr member
    I put 30 miles on the spot this weekend. I definitely need to put a higher volume tire in the front to give a little cushion. It definitely climbs well and is very precise when picking a line through rocks and roots. So far I am very pleased with how well it rides and how comfortable it is.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_twin View Post
    I put 30 miles on the spot this weekend. I definitely need to put a higher volume tire in the front to give a little cushion. It definitely climbs well and is very precise when picking a line through rocks and roots. So far I am very pleased with how well it rides and how comfortable it is.

Cool!!!
    Todd put his together over the weekend. I hope to get a chance to take his for a spin sometime this week.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Great thread! I've been thinking about going rigid on my Rocker now that Boost rigid forks are readily available.

To answer Little_Twin above my large frame weighed 5.8 lbs on the bathroom scale. Not a lightweight by any means, but not too bad. Rides great. Built up with a Reba, AC Smokin Guns, Rocket Rons, and X0-1, the weight is around 26 lbs.