Anyone doing the Tour de la Marin this week?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: schnapmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    321

    Anyone doing the Tour de la Marin this week?

    I guess it's happening Monday. I would love to hook up with some singlespeeders that are commited to doing the whole thing. Anyone in the area interested?
    Call (415-412-5132) or e-mail me ([email protected]).
    -Jim

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zenfrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    177

    yea

    I am in for it. I will give you a call

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zenfrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    177
    What an unbelievable day. So many good trails, people and views. All the brutal climbes were met with the choicest single track decents that Marin has to offer. I left my house at 4:30am(on the bike) and didnt get home until 10:00pm after finishing the cource. I never saw you schnapmaster but i got a little bit of a late start. Man is it hard to work today!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: schnapmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    321

    Best day mountain biking so far

    Yeah! The Tour de la Marin was freaking awesome!
    I got to the start around 4:30 and didn't see any other singlespeeders, so I just took off. After passing most people, I hooked up with the leaders for
    most of the race. I got back to the start about 7:00, tired but happy.
    The long climbs were testy on my 33:17 gearing, but I was able to walk/ride as fast or faster than all of the gearies at the head of the tour.
    I was introduced to so much cool singletrack! I rode 95 miles and I guess we climbed over 10,000 feet. Now I'm excited to do some real singlespeed epics!
    Sorry I missed you at the start, Zenfrog. I thought you had left at 4:20 and I figured I'd catch up with you. I did see one other singlespeeder at Bolinas Ridge, a guy named Tony on a 29'er with dropbars.
    Let's get together and do a long ride soon!

  5. #5
    try driving your car less
    Reputation: jh_on_the_cape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by schnapmaster
    Yeah! The Tour de la Marin was freaking awesome!
    I got to the start around 4:30 and didn't see any other singlespeeders, so I just took off. After passing most people, I hooked up with the leaders for
    most of the race. I got back to the start about 7:00, tired but happy.
    The long climbs were testy on my 33:17 gearing, but I was able to walk/ride as fast or faster than all of the gearies at the head of the tour.
    I was introduced to so much cool singletrack! I rode 95 miles and I guess we climbed over 10,000 feet. Now I'm excited to do some real singlespeed epics!
    Sorry I missed you at the start, Zenfrog. I thought you had left at 4:20 and I figured I'd catch up with you. I did see one other singlespeeder at Bolinas Ridge, a guy named Tony on a 29'er with dropbars.
    Let's get together and do a long ride soon!

    well done! I did the de la in the summer of 97. made it about 80 miles or so, then i stopped at the lagunitas store and ate too much hummus and couldnt move. i rode back to mill valley (home at the time) on the road. so almost 100, but didnt really finish.
    i didnt have SS then. i think it would be pretty tough on SS!
    Only boring people get bored.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 6million$man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    96

    missed it

    DOH! i had really planned on going this year - on the SS (of course). glad to hear that you had a great time. that's not surprising considering all that seldom riddent stuff that's out there.

    NEXT YEAR!...


    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfrog
    What an unbelievable day. So many good trails, people and views. All the brutal climbes were met with the choicest single track decents that Marin has to offer. I left my house at 4:30am(on the bike) and didnt get home until 10:00pm after finishing the cource. I never saw you schnapmaster but i got a little bit of a late start. Man is it hard to work today!
    eddie would go.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cRasHmAstER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape
    well done! I did the de la in the summer of 97. made it about 80 miles or so, then i stopped at the lagunitas store and ate too much hummus and couldnt move. i rode back to mill valley (home at the time) on the road. so almost 100, but didnt really finish.
    i didnt have SS then. i think it would be pretty tough on SS!
    My work schedule sucks. I made it last year, Glad to see more ss's on the de la.
    I knew this years route ahead of time and I know this year was the best of.
    Soon enough the winter de la will be here.
    Glad too here you had fun.

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for MTB shoe that is not Tour de France narrow...
    By DCepp in forum Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 08:34 PM
  2. Southside (Tour de Dump) conditions today/tomorrow
    By Hobart in forum Southeast/Midsouth - GA, TN, AL, FL, MS, LA, AR
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 06:12 AM
  3. Any of you riding the Tour de Phoenix?
    By dgangi in forum Arizona
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 10:24 AM
  4. Trails along Tour de Georgia?
    By skinl19 in forum Southeast/Midsouth - GA, TN, AL, FL, MS, LA, AR
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 08:57 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.