mtbr member

Anybody ride Fair Hill N.R.M.A. in Maryland?

I'll be visiting my sister in law near by, so I thought I'd bring the S.I.S.S. on my trip. Anybody ride Fair Hill? What can I expect?

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeat007
    I'll be visiting my sister in law near by, so I thought I'd bring the S.I.S.S. on my trip. Anybody ride Fair Hill? What can I expect?
    That's the stomping grounds of KeithG, Manicmtbr, and fatmarc. Cool cats who'll give you the lowdown.

mtbr member
    Fair Hill is great for ss. Miles and miles of smiles. Trails usually need at least 24 hours to dry out if it rains. Be warned...there is a lot of equestrian use. Also, there is a $4 park entry fee for out of staters If you're planning to ride on a weekend, you can probably join one of our rides.

Whatever! Just crash it!
    The only thing that sucks about Fair Hill is that it is so far from my home. I'm hoping to have the park moved closer to my home in the next year or so.
    If a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. If a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 per minute.

Bike Wrench Blog ** Unfortunate Series of Events

mtbr member
    Thanks guys...I'll be there this weekend. Any idea what the weather supposed to be like? I know we're looking at rain Friday and Saturday here on Long Island.

mtbr member
    Just checked weather.com and things are looking good for this weekend. Sunday looks like the better day of the two. When were you guys thinking about riding?

mtbr member
    Just checked weather.com and things are looking good for this weekend. Sunday looks like the better day of the two. When were you guys thinking about riding?
    Usually, we ride at 9:00 AM and meet in the gravel lot located on Appleton Road north of Rt. 273.
    If we get hammered with rain this afternoon, we may change the venue to another place very close by in Newark, DE. The trails there are fantastic and most are purpose built for biking with excellent drainage..

mtbr member
    Looks like Saturday is out for me...are you guys riding on Sunday? If not, what's the best place you recommend I check out?

Thanks
    Scott

mtbr member
    Looks like Saturday is out for me...are you guys riding on Sunday? If not, what's the best place you recommend I check out?

Thanks
    Scott
    We'll be riding at 9:00 AM Sunday morning meeting at the North Appleton lot. Take Rt. 273 west coming from Newark, DE and turn right on to Appleton Road. The gravel lot is about a mile on the left. I drive a black Toyota Tacoma pick up with a black cap. I'll be riding an old green Kona Kaboom.
    Hope to see you there.

Keith