Anybody got pix...- Mtbr.com
    Faster Than Your TV!

New question here. Anybody got pix...

from Sunday's WUSS W&OD Swill Ride? I'm thinking TOMA will post on the pedalshop board, but I was too, ahem, wasted to remember if anyone else was snapping shots.

Damn, at least 4 fixies, some SSers, a couple gearies, 3 bars plus a short, impromptu layover at the PedalShop (thanks Mike and Jim--cool shop!) in Ashburn, 55 miles of drunken riding in all, 20+ in the dark on the way back with no lights and that friggin' abandoned cruiser frame strapped hap-ass-hazardly to my back and me spouting alcohol fumes all the way, one torn Lake winter shoe (damn,damn,damn!), icy patches, sub-freezing temps, plus a couple crashes and mechanicals, and rude roadies...

What a great time! Same time and place next week, gents?

If ya gots pix, post 'em...

Teaser pic:
    Stranded: Me and DmofoT work to fix-a-flat under strict and no-nonsense supervision by TOMA. More pix appear on the board at pedalshop.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by iconoclaSSt; 02-17-2004 at 11:45 AM. Reason: pic added
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

I am the owl
    Quote Originally Posted by iconoclaSSt
    Same time and place next week, gents?
    You'll have a tough time pulling that one off (or a long drive!).

I've got to see a pic of the cruiser frame score.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

Faster Than Your TV!

Point taken...

Quote Originally Posted by riderx
    You'll have a tough time pulling that one off (or a long drive!).

I've got to see a pic of the cruiser frame score.
    But I know I wasn't serious anyway...gotta save some liver for retirement, ya know?

Don't even know the make of the cruiser frame...I'm pretty sure it's aluminum and it has a cheap-o sus fork on the front, a blocky stem and riser bar, and not much else, brand new...seemed to have some serious weight to it, but I won't know much more until I go back to the Vienna Inn, unlock it from the bike rack, and have a sober, daylight look at it. DT says he'll make it into a townie SS or something.
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

Not as fast as I wanna be

DmofoT's Jersey

Does DmofoT have any other jersey's !?!

SS Vince

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclaSSt
    from Sunday's WUSS W&OD Swill Ride? I'm thinking TOMA will post on the pedalshop board, but I was too, ahem, wasted to remember if anyone else was snapping shots.

Damn, at least 4 fixies, some SSers, a couple gearies, 3 bars plus a short, impromptu layover at the PedalShop (thanks Mike and Jim--cool shop!) in Ashburn, 55 miles of drunken riding in all, 20+ in the dark on the way back with no lights and that friggin' abandoned cruiser frame strapped hap-ass-hazardly to my back and me spouting alcohol fumes all the way, one torn Lake winter shoe (damn,damn,damn!), icy patches, sub-freezing temps, plus a couple crashes and mechanicals, and rude roadies...

What a great time! Same time and place next week, gents?

If ya gots pix, post 'em...

Teaser pic:
    Stranded: Me and DmofoT work to fix-a-flat under strict and no-nonsense supervision by TOMA. More pix appear on the board at pedalshop.com.
    The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Fat Boy Deluxe
    Short yes, long no. You gotta remember I didn't even wear lycra or bike stuff in general until this past year. So now I have a total of three short sleeve jerseys and one long sleeve. Two of the four are mtbr.com jerseys and well it's been pretty f'n cold here (as you know) so the long sleeve has to be worn.

But don't worry, I'm in serious negotiations for new duds (as well as bike) that hopefully will all be done before Greenbrier and I won't have to put anyone off with my mono-jersey fashion sense...

Vince, your not still bitter cause someone took your mtbr.com handle are you? haha, just f'n with you.

DT

Quote Originally Posted by SS Vince
    Does DmofoT have any other jersey's !?!

SS Vince

Not as fast as I wanna be

Very bitter

Bitter, like Guinness. Mmm good.

Quote Originally Posted by DmofoT
    Short yes, long no. You gotta remember I didn't even wear lycra or bike stuff in general until this past year. So now I have a total of three short sleeve jerseys and one long sleeve. Two of the four are mtbr.com jerseys and well it's been pretty f'n cold here (as you know) so the long sleeve has to be worn.

But don't worry, I'm in serious negotiations for new duds (as well as bike) that hopefully will all be done before Greenbrier and I won't have to put anyone off with my mono-jersey fashion sense...

Vince, your not still bitter cause someone took your mtbr.com handle are you? haha, just f'n with you.

DT
    The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Members who have read this thread: 0