Any of you commuters ever......- Mtbr.com
    giddy up!

Any of you commuters ever......

....forget to bring clothes with you to change into at the office. Well, there's a first for everything, as I sit here typing in a pair of boxers. I guess I'll be riding over to Old Navy when they open at 10.

Way to start a Friday. You've gotta laugh though!

B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member

I'll second that

HAHA, I too have done the same thing before, what I usually forget tho is my underware which sucks going comando all day.

Recovering couch patato
    Commando almost once out of ten here, I amen it sukking. Not good, as my new job as of this week means I'll be bike-commuting on a daily basis. But then again, this new job should get me through the winter better than ever, prevent bad fitness loss. 2x10 miles a day, love it!
    On this first week I already once forgot a t-shirt for under the sweater, not fun either.
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

mtbr member

commando

I had to go commando last Friday. It usually happens once per year for me. I've got a few spare pants/shirts in my office just in case I forget those.

BTW, Brian, I'm finally back online....how was Brian Head? I ended up doing the PC Epic 100, but I did it on a team that called me to do it the night before the race. I've got to do Brian Head one of these years.

Cracker-magnon
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    ....forget to bring clothes with you to change into at the office. Well, there's a first for everything, as I sit here typing in a pair of boxers. I guess I'll be riding over to Old Navy when they open at 10.

Way to start a Friday. You've gotta laugh though!

B
    All the time, but since i am a grad student on research, and not teaching this year, I can get away with sitting around in a funk all day long. It's gross, but somebody hasta do it.
    If it is really hot out, and I am really sweaty when I get in, I will at least shower and apply large amounts of body spray.
    "Life is a [email protected]#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.

giddy up!
    Quote Originally Posted by qtip
    I had to go commando last Friday. It usually happens once per year for me. I've got a few spare pants/shirts in my office just in case I forget those.

BTW, Brian, I'm finally back online....how was Brian Head? I ended up doing the PC Epic 100, but I did it on a team that called me to do it the night before the race. I've got to do Brian Head one of these years.
    Oh, yeah, Brian Head. Ever been to the Cedar City Hospital. I have! For me, the race consisted of 15 fun miles, then 15 stitches to the chin! Otherwise it seemed like a great event:-)

B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

Medium?

Not usually clothes, but

sometimes I have to crunch over to lunch in my cleats when I forget my shoes.

My dumbass story:

Yesterday we came down your way (to "The O.C.") for a day trip. When I was down there, I realized that my car keys weren't in my pocket. Instead, they were locked in my car in short term ($30/day) lot in SJ. I had to ride the light rail and bus to Morgan Hill, and walk two miles home, and ride to the airport this morning to retrieve my not-oft-used car. Grrrr. No roadie ride home for me today...

And...

Who faqing says that fixie riding gets you in shape? I went for a hard-and-steep night ride on Wednesday, and it was very tough, even on the gearie. Must ride more dirt...

pepito
    Jun 2004
    i've yet to forget an entire outfit. but i have forgotten my office keys at home and had to ride back to fetch them. my most forgotten item has to be clean socks, which blows because i can't avoid getting mine soaked on the ride in. i actually dont' mind going commando occasionally, gives the boys some extra breathin' room.

the_dude

highly visible
    I've had to go Commando once or twice a year here, too. Fortunately never forgot to bring anything really important, though ...