Any ss full suspension bikes?

Anybody ride one? Have pics/details?

mtbr member
    There are a few older threads.

http://forums.mtbr.com/singlespeed/s...on-808537.html

http://forums.mtbr.com/singlespeed/f...ss-143179.html

http://forums.mtbr.com/singlespeed/f...ed-753290.html

http://forums.mtbr.com/singlespeed/f...ss-615379.html

The search engine here may not get you much. Try googling with mtbr as a search constraint and a fair amount will pop up.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    Lenz Milkmoney and Lunchmoney (which can be had in 27.5+ and 29+). And you can convert any FS with a good tensioner.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Kona used to make one called the A. I had it for 24 hr races, it was a fun bike.
    "Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by BicyclePhD View Post
    Kona used to make one called the A. I had it for 24 hr races, it was a fun bike.
    i have two of these. one 21" blue frame with track ends and rim brakes, and another 18" black frame with sliding dropouts and disc brakes, although it has the rim brake mounts too. such a great bike.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass_ View Post
    Lenz Milkmoney and Lunchmoney (which can be had in 27.5+ and 29+). And you can convert any FS with a good tensioner.
    these are pretty cool, but the price is pretty steep for an aluminum frame, and i'd want a different rear shock. it's probably worth it though considering the size of their operation. i've heard/read nothing but good things about lenz, the only exception being from people who have never ridden them and complain about their aesthetics.
    2003 Kona A
    2005 Kona A
    2012 Cannondale Hooligan
    2016 Salsa Deadwood

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by buell View Post
    i have two of these. one 21" blue frame with track ends and rim brakes, and another 18" black frame with sliding dropouts and disc brakes, although it has the rim brake mounts too. such a great bike.

these are pretty cool, but the price is pretty steep for an aluminum frame, and i'd want a different rear shock. it's probably worth it though considering the size of their operation. i've heard/read nothing but good things about lenz, the only exception being from people who have never ridden them and complain about their aesthetics.
    Well, in all fairness Lenz makes some of the most unattractive frames on the planet. It's almost like they tried really hard to make them ugly. The only thing I have seen that even comes close to the Lenz frames is the new Salsa Woodsmoke or whatever the hell that monstrocity is called.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by DualRollers View Post
    Well, in all fairness Lenz makes some of the most unattractive frames on the planet. It's almost like they tried really hard to make them ugly. The only thing I have seen that even comes close to the Lenz frames is the new Salsa Woodsmoke or whatever the hell that monstrocity is called.
    i don't get all the emphasis on aesthetics. if the most fun best riding bike ever built was also the ugliest, i wouldn't care. i'd ride the piss out of it.

and regarding the woodsmoke, it's no uglier than a stache. from far away the only difference is the dropouts.

Wanna ride bikes?
    and regarding the woodsmoke, it's no uglier than a stache. from far away the only difference is the name on the downtube isn't a four letter word.
    ^ i agree
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    i don't get all the emphasis on aesthetics. if the most fun best riding bike ever built was also the ugliest, i wouldn't care. i'd ride the piss out of it.

and regarding the woodsmoke, it's no uglier than a stache. from far away the only difference is the dropouts.
    Eh, obviously aesthetics are an opinion thing... personally I think the Woodsmoke is 100x uglier than the Stache. The chainstay is way more elevated, and Salsa put chunky blocky lines on it that clash really bad. Then they highlighted the inside of the elevated chainstay so it stands out like crazy.

Obviously I am more interested in function over form, but you have to draw the line somewhere...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Tomorrow I'm picking up the parts to turn my Stumpjumper into a Full Squish Single Speed. I've just been wondering if people still convert Full sus bikes to Single speed. To be honest it wasn't until I started researching hardtail single speed builds that I stumbled upon the few threads above. Theres really not much info about it on the internet either.

mtbr member
    We have a race where I live every year (Single Speed Kansas City) and a lot of people convert their full carbo-beast long travel monsters to SS just for the race. Looks like most of them just take the gears off, replace with a SS cog, and lock the derailleur in place with a piece of cable.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I ride a single speed Schwinn Homegrown Sweetspot, as do three of my friends. I really like it since it doesn't require a sprung tensioner, and the suspension really stiffens up when you stand, which makes grinding up a hill much more bearable.

Mine:
    Any ss full suspension bikes?-sweetspot.jpg

One I just recently built for a friend:
    Any ss full suspension bikes?-newtomato.jpg

One I built for a friend a while ago:
    Any ss full suspension bikes?-sweetspotss.jpg

mtbr member
    Ive run my 2015 and my 2012 spearfishes single speed . Currently the 2012 . They are a fricken blast. Im a die hard steel hardtail guy but the fs/ss is a blast. My buddy has had a Lenz milkmoney it was really good but the Spearfish climbs better. Now he has a Lenz Lunchmoney 6" travel SS. Its an absolute beast! Amazing on the downhills but climbing it will kill ya.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    My old BSO converted to SS, sprockets, tensioner and bash guard all handmade.

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by foxonabike View Post

Well done!

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by foxonabike View Post
    ...{photos}...
    Sick!
    =s
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

one chain loop
    I'll play

everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by DualRollers View Post
    Lenz makes some of the most unattractive frames on the planet. It's almost like they tried really hard to make them ugly.

????

If this is ugly then I'm really, really curious what you consider "attractive"?

What he's done is to make an incredibly light, stiff, and durable aluminum frame, in the US, that weighs less than many steel hardtail frames, and that gives an incredible ride while remaining low (or no) maintenance, year after year.

If you want to fault him for paying himself a living wage after achieving that, that is of course your prerogative.

Calling it ugly is also your prerogative. I happen to find the lines both pragmatic and aesthetically pleasing -- but then I've seen them in person, and ridden them bunches too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any ss full suspension bikes?-8a3a5618.jpg  

bike rider
    My SS DH bike. Rohloff tensioner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any ss full suspension bikes?-fuzz-16.jpg  

Any ss full suspension bikes?-fuzz-11.jpg  

Any ss full suspension bikes?-img_4696.jpg  

My Bikes Kick Ass!!!

mtbr member
    My Black Market Killswitch is designed for singlespeed.