Any singlespeed frames that utilize BB30?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Any singlespeed frames that utilize BB30?

I want to build a new 29er SS and use parts off my current build to help keep the cost down... Are there any that have BB30? I'm assuming that means it will eliminate all EBB frames...

mtbr member
    Beer Components makes an EBB that converts any BB30 frame into a singlespeed.
    "I like skinny jeans. Sometimes I wear them to the mall to get an Orange Julius." -Chim Chim

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Not really what I was looking for, but thanks. I want to use my bb30 cranks on a single speed frame. What you are referring to is the opposite.

mtbr member
    You could use and BB30 frame and then use either a chain tensioner or a WI ENO hub. But not sure that will keep costs down...

Or if your current bike is a HT, just get rid of the derailleurs and shifters, cassette and chainrings, add a tensioner, sprocket and chainring and good to go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Kona Raijin?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    A lot of BB30 frames we might talk about are not going to mesh with "keep costs down"...perhaps a few years down the road, but as far as I'm aware, that's still putting you into a cutting edge kind of frame. I'll go out on a limb and guess you're looking at a $1500 minimum frame? Hard to say w/o in depth searching.

Case in point: My MootoX RSL is a PF BB30...definitely not going to help keep costs down though. o.O

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    There are a lot of options. It depends on which frame you are interested in. I have Zipp Vuma Quad external bearing cups that are for threaded BB's. I use Specialized carbon BB30 cranks with the Zipp bearings. You can also look at e13 cranks and bearings which is basically the same setup as what I have.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    The only single speed frame in production that I know of that is purpose built for BB30 is the All-City Nature Boy Zona. Unfortunately, it's a limited production cyclocross frame, probably not what you're looking for.

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    I ran my BB30 C'dale Flash as a SS using a tensioner.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    sworks carbon SS frame is bb30, atleast last years is. I love mine! I think this years is a lesser carbon, still good though and I assume it still takes a bb30. Its not that hard to get the perfect chain length once you know your gearing (and not switching a lot) if you are not using a ss specific frame. Post up a pic of what you get going!
    If you do something often enough it tends to define you.

Members who have read this thread: 0