Thread: Any reason why

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Any reason why

this setup wouldnt work?

I want a new wheelset for my GF Rig. I have it set up SS and its going to stay that way. Therefore I'm getting a SS specific hub. Going to do Hadley Hubs paired to Arch EX's (upon their release). Is there any reason the rear hadley, which is 10x135 bolt-on wont work on the rig? I don't see why not, but always better to ask twice and order once, right?

Sweep the leg!
    be a guinea pig for us
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered View Post
    be a guinea pig for us
    Was hoping for a better answer than that

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'd like to know if it would work too.

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    Providing the spacing of your frame is 135mm (which it is), then you'll be right with those.

What dropouts do you have? I'm not familiar with the Rig but a quick look shows they're a vertical dropout. Do you need a bolt up, a QR hub would suffice but if you want the extra stiffness then the 135 bolt up should fit.

Is there any particular reason for the doubt or concern that I'm missing, like some weird idiosyncratic dropout that I'm not aware of, or are you just making sure?

Grumps

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grumpy View Post
    Providing the spacing of your frame is 135mm (which it is), then you'll be right with those.

What dropouts do you have? I'm not familiar with the Rig but a quick look shows they're a vertical dropout. Do you need a bolt up, a QR hub would suffice but if you want the extra stiffness then the 135 bolt up should fit.

Is there any particular reason for the doubt or concern that I'm missing, like some weird idiosyncratic dropout that I'm not aware of, or are you just making sure?

Grumps
    I think Grumps hit the nail on the head. Personally I'd go with a QR hub. I'm light enough to not notice any discernible flex between qr 135 vs. bolt on.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grumpy View Post

Grumps
    Thank Grumps! Great answer!

I do have the vertical dropouts and that was the reason why I was asking. I didn't know if the vertical dropouts on this bike would cause any fitment concerns that I should be aware of. So yes, I was basically just double checking
    With that said, as I was flipping through the bti catalog at my lbs we were discussing which hubs I should go with. My 3 options were dt swiss, hadley and hope. All of them were bolt-on options minus dt swiss having the only qr option. As much as I wanted dt swiss the cost is steering me away from them. Not that its a huge difference, but enough to make me just pull the trigger on the hadleys. Not like it matters though because nothing was in stock at bti at the moment any way lol. I didnt bother checking w/ other distributors since it was the weekend and I dont think anyone else lists their stock on a website. Sooo they're just going to call Hadley direct on Monday.

Members who have read this thread: 0