Any Love for the KHS SOLO ONE?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Any Love for the KHS SOLO ONE?

Hey Gang,

For those of us not wedded to a 29er format-but liking steel and cheap bikes --this seems like a great bike--I passed over it in the past because it had a soft-tail design that they've ditched--

Any opinions on this bike?? Anyone using riding one (especially a newer non-soft tail design)--they list for around 550.00 with nice parts (but alas-no disc brakes)--my next door lbs has a pretty one in red in my size---make a nice winter-suffer bike, I'm thinking.

And how come KHS doesn't hacve a manufacturers forum? Poor red-headed stepchilds.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Looks pretty decent ,reynolds frame etc,
    Was always curious about how well the softail worked?
    Raw power's got a healing hand
    Raw power can destroy a man
    Raw power is so more than soul
    Got a son called rock and roll

98 % of all teens do drugs or have tried drugs if you are in the 98 % range copy and paste this in to your Signature

A Real Winner.
    Aside from the fact that I am obsessed with KHS, I would have to say that this is one of the best values in a SS out there. It is truly an awesome riding frame. Too bad you don't live in Michigan, I'd let you try mine out sometime!

As far as the manufacture forum thing, I'm working on a KHS owners site in secret. Don't tell anyone. I should have it up and running in about a month.
    www.cycletofitness.com It's only a super-awesome website for a super-awesome store. Just click it. I dare you.

mtbr member

I would love one

Quote Originally Posted by sonyisdope
    Aside from the fact that I am obsessed with KHS, I would have to say that this is one of the best values in a SS out there. It is truly an awesome riding frame. Too bad you don't live in Michigan, I'd let you try mine out sometime!

As far as the manufacture forum thing, I'm working on a KHS owners site in secret. Don't tell anyone. I should have it up and running in about a month.
    I always eye those frames but have never been on one. seems like a great idea if they are functional. Between the frame being steal and th inch or so of travel I would think it would soak up everything I would want it to. As long as it was stiff. HAve you taken the pretty red one for a ride?

Cool news on the KHS owners site. I am a new owner of an old KHS Crest frame that I ss'd. I love it. It rides great.

A Real Winner.
    Yeah, I've only ridden the red hardtail one. My shop has one as a demo bike. It is a sweet riding bike, I also ride a Steel Dean SS, and to be honest if you were blindfolded, I doubt you would know the difference between the two.
    www.cycletofitness.com It's only a super-awesome website for a super-awesome store. Just click it. I dare you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepthemdead
    Looks pretty decent ,reynolds frame etc,
    Was always curious about how well the softail worked?

The 2007 Solo One is a hardtail.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Sonyiscope,

do you know if KHS is going to spec some disc brakes on this bike in the future?

What does it weigh anyway??

nOOb now rOOkie
    khs all the way !

mtbr member
    A buddy of mine has an older soft tail and loves it. The soft tail really does make a difference; it takes the edge off of all the roots and rocks, makes you think the tire is going flat. He has ridden the crap out of his for 2 or 3 years straight and never had a problem. He only gave $350 for the frame, so that has been a nice investment.
    He is currently looking for a Unicoi (he will convert it to SS) to replace it.

A Real Winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbMan
    Sonyiscope,

do you know if KHS is going to spec some disc brakes on this bike in the future?

What does it weigh anyway??
    I'm not sure. The actual weight of a 17" is 24 pound 5 oz. Including reflectors! It seems like they are getting away from the softail thing though. As for disc brakes, I dunno, but I bet 2007 is going to be pretty sweet for it!

Members who have read this thread: 0