Any eccentric 142x12 rear hub options?- Mtbr.com
    that guy
    Jun 2011

Any eccentric 142x12 rear hub options?

I've been searching high and low on The Googlez, but I just haven't had any luck finding a 142mm eccentric hub. I was really surprised to learn that the eccentric ENO stops at 135mm -- a fact that pretty much nuked my SS conversion for the moment.

Am I hunting a unicorn?

mtbr member
    I don't think there is one at the moment. I looked around also before I bought my eno.

mtbr member
    single-speed stuff is always the red-headed stepchild of the industry, so it should not surprise you that such a thing does not exist. how many eccentric hubs are there on the market? I am only aware of the Eno version.

it would not be outside the realm of possibility for White to make replacement axle ends for their eccentric hubs to make them fit a 142mm frame, but I doubt there is much demand for such a thing.

what frame are you using? there may be other options.

mtbr member
    I've seen a couple of other eccentric hubs for cyclocross by searching for pics that I was unable to find for sale. I think the WI Eno is the one. It's the same hub shell with different axle and caps, as mack said maybe WI could make some longer axle ends.

Quote Originally Posted by earworm View Post
    I don't think there is one at the moment. I looked around also before I bought my eno.
    Considering an ECC Eno. If you wouldn't mind, what is your impression of the hub? Does it stay in place? Is the weight of the bike on the bolts rather than the axle? I saw an article where the rider was over torqueing the bolts which thinned them out leading to breakage. I'm 225 and like to ride hard sometimes, although my hard may be someone else's flat wide trail, and I'm just wondering how the hub performs. WI is otherwise awesome stuff, love my freewheel. Wondering if it's worth building a SS for my RMB blizzard.
    Last edited by dbhammercycle; 02-17-2016 at 08:15 PM.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

that guy
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    single-speed stuff is always the red-headed stepchild of the industry, so it should not surprise you that such a thing does not exist. how many eccentric hubs are there on the market? I am only aware of the Eno version.

it would not be outside the realm of possibility for White to make replacement axle ends for their eccentric hubs to make them fit a 142mm frame, but I doubt there is much demand for such a thing.

what frame are you using? there may be other options.
    I have a Chinese IP-057 frame with standard BSA BB. I believe there are a couple of eccentric bottom bracket options, but the ENO hub seems like a much more elegant (easier to adjust) solution.

I'm probably stuck going with a tensioner at this point.

that guy
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    I've seen a couple of other eno hubs for cyclocross by searching for pics that I was unable to find for sale. I think the WI Eno is the one. It's the same hub shell with different axle and caps, as mack said maybe WI could make some longer axle ends.
    I might just have to give WI a call to ask them for ideas. Can't hurt to try, right?

mtbr member
    Does Forward Components still make an eccentric BB?
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    depending on the shape of the dropout, I think it might not work anyway.

my vote would be for a YESS ETR-B if you can still find one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by paleh0rse View Post
    I might just have to give WI a call to ask them for ideas. Can't hurt to try, right?
    They are a machine shop, but I would be prepared to spend a hefty chunk of change for a one-off.

I would second (third?) looking for an eccentric bottom bracket, especially if you have english threads.

mtbr member
    I'm around 250, my eno hasn't come loose since I've had it. I've rode on it for about two months before the snow came. The weight is on the bolts, they appear to be stainless steel Allen bolts. I don't know what grade though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The eno I don't think would be possible due to the end caps are what actually rotates and acts as the eccentric. The 142 locks the hub into a set position. Not to say they couldn't figure something out but I doubt it would sell enough to make it feasible. I would think converting the actual dropout with a custom spacer and then using a 135 would be easier.

mtbr member
    Fascinating proposition. The WI stuff is superior and reliable. Jack is so enamored of the Dos Eno system that he would build a bike around the hubs and cranks.