another question lol- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

another question lol

just got done ordering all my SS stuff for the trek 3700...because I was just so sick of the crappie shifting with low end shimano stuff. just didn't cut it anymore, so, heres what I got, (new grips, levers, SS chain (KMC), bestsinglespeedbike.com conversion kit cog,spacers, and tensioner, salsa 36t silver chainring w/prob solvers 6mm bolts. also an old school square taper shimano deore 5arm crank with 110bcd ...I'm hoping the bike will be over all much better, but here's my question I really hope mine is a freehub and not a threaded freewheel? freehub is the kind that says "lock ring type" on the biggest cassette cog right?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    good grief i am getting so sick of my slow responses sometimes.

IS THE TREK 3700 A FREEHUB OR A THREADED FREEWHEEL. i assume "freehub" but just double checking.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I'm 100% sure the 3700 has a 7 spd freewheel.

E !

free wheel

I don't have the bike in front of me but it looks like(from google search) the stock one's have a threaded FW.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    unreal so i can't remove the cassette from my stock wheel? I have to buy a freehub wheel? it's only 35 dollars at jenson so it's not that big of a deal just another crapshot from having to replace the cranks too because the factory ones were riveted.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    You could remove the cassette freewheel and replace it with a ss freewheel. I'm not sure what kind of chainline that would give you though. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=426690

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by abarton
    You could remove the cassette freewheel and replace it with a ss freewheel. I'm not sure what kind of chainline that would give you though. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=426690
    If you do this you can respace the axle and redish the wheel to achieve any chainline you desire.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle0614
    good grief i am getting so sick of my slow responses sometimes.

IS THE TREK 3700 A FREEHUB OR A THREADED FREEWHEEL. i assume "freehub" but just double checking.
    In future posts, feel free to use proper punctuation and grammar.
    :wq

Members who have read this thread: 0