Another Inbred...almost done- Mtbr.com
    Don't skid

Another Inbred...almost done

I got the frame around the first and have been scrouging for parts ever since, some eBay deals, some Pricepoints deals, and some just lying around the garage.
    I still need a wheeelset and brakes.
    But tonight I finally got it rideable. Its my first SS, steel frame, and complete build from scratch. I am pretty stoked. This thing hasn't seen a shop and I don't think it ever will. I plan on building the wheels myself. I have a set of Mavic XM321 just waiting to be used.

A question for FoShizzle. I saw your Inbred, looks great, but how did you route your hydro lines? Is there a way to route the hoses using the braze ons? I just figured I would zip tie them in place.

Oh and so far I have about $560 into it. That includes all parts + shipping + tax. I am trying to keep it under $1000, that should not be a problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Revolution will not be motorized...especially at $5 per gallon.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

Wink

[QUOTE=KONA_in_SB]A question for FoShizzle. I saw your Inbred, looks great, but how did you route your hydro lines? Is there a way to route the hoses using the braze ons? I just figured I would zip tie them in place.

In case Fo doesn't see the posting, that parts available through any shop. It's part of the Jagwire Hydraulic Parts/Service Kit. Visit the jagwire site, but be sure you have the chinese translation download packet if you want to read any of it.

Jagwire link: http://www.jagwireusa.com/

Pictures are good too, here's what I'm referring to...

Peace!!

Obi.one...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KONA_in_SB
    I saw your Inbred, looks great, but how did you route your hydro lines? Is there a way to route the hoses using the braze ons? I just figured I would zip tie them in place.
    You need to split the hydraulic line at the lever or caliper and thread them through.

Obviously this means you have to avoid getting brake fluid on your frame, and also you'll undoubtably have to bleed your brake system. So wait until your brakes need a bleed, and do it then.

PS: I *think* your fork is too short. You need a 440mm fork in there to preserve geometry. With a shorter one, it'll be a nice quick ride up front which you might like, but the BB will be a little low, which you might not.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brant@on-one.co.uk
    PS: I *think* your fork is too short. You need a 440mm fork in there to preserve geometry. With a shorter one, it'll be a nice quick ride up front which you might like, but the BB will be a little low, which you might not.
    Are the 440mm forks available on your site?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer
    Are the 440mm forks available on your site?
    to order yes. In stock in 1 week.

gentle like
    That is one bigass rear disc you've got on there.

Peace & Love
    I got the frame around the first and have been scrouging for parts ever since, some eBay deals, some Pricepoints deals, and some just lying around the garage.
    I still need a wheeelset and brakes.
    But tonight I finally got it rideable. Its my first SS, steel frame, and complete build from scratch. I am pretty stoked. This thing hasn't seen a shop and I don't think it ever will. I plan on building the wheels myself. I have a set of Mavic XM321 just waiting to be used.

A question for FoShizzle. I saw your Inbred, looks great, but how did you route your hydro lines? Is there a way to route the hoses using the braze ons? I just figured I would zip tie them in place.

Oh and so far I have about $560 into it. That includes all parts + shipping + tax. I am trying to keep it under $1000, that should not be a problem.
    because I am incompetent and did not do it myself, I have to look when I get to work since I did not bother to look. However, it looks like they did use the brazeons along the toptube and zips on seatstay. I was just so excited to get it and ride it I ignored that importants detail.

Don't skid
    Quote Originally Posted by kept man
    That is one bigass rear disc you've got on there.
    LOL, ya especially since I have no brakes . That wheel is off my Stinky, so it has an 8-inch rotor. I just threw some wheels on it so I could ride it. I will most likely be running 6-inch rotors when all is said and done.

Don't skid
    Quote Originally Posted by brant@on-one.co.uk
    You need to split the hydraulic line at the lever or caliper and thread them through.

Obviously this means you have to avoid getting brake fluid on your frame, and also you'll undoubtably have to bleed your brake system. So wait until your brakes need a bleed, and do it then.

Thanks for the reply. I love the frame by the way. Coming from a DH/FR background (and wieghing 260 lbs) I was a bit sceptical when I unpacked the frame because of how light it was and how thin the tubes are but now that I have ridden it it seems very solid.
    The hydraulic brakes sound like a project. I will probably end up using mechanicals though but it mostly depends on what deals come up.
    I was wondering if the fork was too short but for $36 I couldn't pass it up. I will ride it like this for a while until I decide if I am going to keep it rigid or not.

Peace & Love
    dude, when it is up an running let me know. I would love to come up to SB to check your stomping ground out. I have only ever been to Romero Cyn but definitely want to check more of the area out.

cheers

gentle like
    LOL, ya especially since I have no brakes . That wheel is off my Stinky, so it has an 8-inch rotor. I just threw some wheels on it so I could ride it. I will most likely be running 6-inch rotors when all is said and done.
    I bought a Jenson clearance Inbred frame, though I have yet to see it yet - shipped it to a friend in the States. Trying to figure out how to get it across the border to Canada with the least amount of tariffs, etc.

I'm cannibalizing a couple bikes for the parts, and selling off others ... until I found a buyer for one of my existing rides (so I can build up some new ss-specific wheels with the $), the Inbred was going to inherit the hefty Vuelta DH disc wheels from my urban ride, which also run 8". As it is, it'll probably end up with a 8" on the Flick up front and a 7" rear, unless the dude wants to use a 7" on a Marzocchi MX 80mm fork that comes with the Kona Manomano he's buying ... lol. Looks even sillier, believe me.

Enjoy the ride! I can't wait till I can build up mine. Post my own swanky pics.

Members who have read this thread: 0