Annandel race gearing?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Annandel race gearing?

Haven't been to Annandel for years, and next month's race seems like a nice way get back to it. I run 34x21 for Henry Coe and 34x19 for Wilder/UCSC. Which is Annandel more like? How do the two big climbs compare in difficulty? I seem to recall from last time a really nasty section covered with loose bits of shale.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I 've only rode Wilder once and Coe twice both on geared bikes. I have ridden a single speed at Annandel 26" 32 x18 . Which catagory are you riding? A friend who rides Adale a lot on a SS cramped up last year on the long course. From what I remember of Coe lots of long steep climbs ,Adale dosen't have the steepness.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I haven't entered yet. Still trying to decide between the Master's 50+ long course, or the Sport Men 35+ short course. Coe is indeed the place for long and steep. Sounds like I can run a taller gear than 34x21 26".

NedwannaB

34x17/18

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolMark View Post
    I haven't entered yet. Still trying to decide between the Master's 50+ long course, or the Sport Men 35+ short course. Coe is indeed the place for long and steep. Sounds like I can run a taller gear than 34x21 26".
    If you run 34x21 at Coe, you should be fine. The shale you were mentioning was probably on Two Quarry, that's not in either of the courses.
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

Members who have read this thread: 0