American Classic SS Disc wheelset, Good???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

American Classic SS Disc wheelset, Good???

Been looking at them, anybody have any experience with them? Obviously not on par with Chris King hubs, but comparable to phil wood, spot, or Paul's?

velocipede technician

no first hand experience but,

Quote Originally Posted by MqtRider
    Been looking at them, anybody have any experience with them? Obviously not on par with Chris King hubs, but comparable to phil wood, spot, or Paul's?
    it apears as though there isnt a bolt on rear option,bummer for those of us w/horizontal dropouts.Im really impressed by the engagement. in my opinion there are no hubs that can compare to phils.best hubs money can buy IMHO

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MqtRider
    been running them for about 6 months now. i'm not sure what generation they are, but it's after they fixed the cam plate problems. i've heard people complain about the seals and bearing quality, but mine have been through numerous deep stream crossings with no complaint. winter will be the real test. if my bearings do go, i'll probably replace them with enduro bearings, which i believe are made in the correct size. compared to king, the engagement isn't all that great though...but so far, i love 'em!
    -jon

Members who have read this thread: 0