mtbr member
    Aug 2007

alright, who spiked my koolaid?

Well, I waited until my wife was taking a nap, dropped all my tools (remodeling my house, trying to weather in before snow) went down to the best LBS around and ordered up my Redline Monocog 29er. Shop owner even had some used BB7's for 50 ducks so this bike will be my first experience with 1) disc brakes 2) steel is real 3)29er and yes 4) SS.

Somebody, help me!!

mtbr member
    Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just pedal the bike, and everything will come together.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Good Job, just tell her you are trading carpentry work for the bike. That way any time you wanna ride its "well babe i gotta go put in some work hours for that bike they fronted me"

mtbr member
    you may think you're getting in over your head but its so worth it. I rode my fully for the first time in a month since I went SS and I felt like I've hardly ever mt biked in my life. The rigid fork will really make you respect the sport a lot more too! enjoy

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

caution

be very cautious. go into this ss thing a little at a time. it can really cause obsessive compulsive disorder. trust me, i now suffer from it (or enjoy it immensely). my suggestion would be to search the threads for the best gloves for singlespeeding. your needs might vary, you are going to need special rigid 29er ss specific gloves. i just got my first singlespeed camelback. as far as i can tell, it's 26" specific, but i may be wrong. anyway, do some research. i told my wife that to me singlespeeding was a way to fight the consumerism way of life. if i just got this one bike (also a redline), i wouldn't ever need to do anything to it. that is only half true - the bike is as near to perfect as i can imagine, and dosen't need anything, however, i sometimes feel the need to spoil her. most of my gifts for the monocog feel like crap to me, and they come right back off immediately ( to protect the innocent, i won't name them), and some just instantly click (on-one mary bars, wtb silverado saddle). i forgot my point, but it's something like - you might fool your wife (not really), but be real with yourself. you're in!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0