Results 1 to 37 of 37
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: scaryguy137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    48

    Ah! my fixie broke! Help!

    hey,

    i broke my fixie!
    it worked fine when i bought it until i changed the cog from a 16 to a 18 tooth
    i believe i didnt tighten it correctly, causing it to strip the hub

    however, ive since gotten anew hub, cog, and lockring
    ive put it all together as tight as i possibly could with locktite
    and as soon as i tried to skid i could feel it start slipping.


    what in the heck am i doing wrong here??

    if theres anything specific that comes to mind, id appreciate the help from yall.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Godless Communist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by scaryguy137
    hey,

    i broke my fixie!
    it worked fine when i bought it until i changed the cog from a 16 to a 18 tooth
    i believe i didnt tighten it correctly, causing it to strip the hub

    however, ive since gotten anew hub, cog, and lockring
    ive put it all together as tight as i possibly could with locktite
    and as soon as i tried to skid i could feel it start slipping.
    Here's an idea: use a brake instead of skidding.

    Just kidding (I think). If the cog is threaded on correctly, it will tighten as you ride. If the lockring is threaded on correctly (reverse threaded), it will keep the cog snug. So check the lockring, and use a good tool (like the hozan) when tightening it.

    Now, if you're not using a track hub built for a reverse-thread lockring, and are instead threading on a BB or similar lockring in the same direction as the cog in what the hipsters affectionatley call a "suicide" set-up (because that sounds soooo badass ), well... best of luck to you!

  3. #3
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,306
    nothing wrong with skidding. in fact, most people who ride fixed off road dont even run a rear brake (myself included). if you are running a track hub and the cog and lock ring are installed properly then you can skid to your hearts content with no detriment; and when youre riding fixed off road its a necessity at times.

    theres nothing wrong with running a ghetto (i.e. "suicide") fixed hub if its set up correctly. a properly executed ghetto fixed hub will endure relentless and continual skidding with zero cog backing or stripping the hub. so youd be better off ignoring any advice on this subject from those who dismisses ghetto fixed hubs since such people obviously have no idea what theyre talking about.

    if youre using a track hub do not use loctite on it. seat the cog by using either a chainwhip, the rotafix method or by installing the cog and then standing on the pedals with the bikes front end against a wall. then pop the lock ring on and tighten it securely and the cog will not backspin at all.

    if youre setting up a ghetto fixie then clean the threads of cog and hub with acetone and apply loctite red 272 to the threads and then install and seat the cog with one of the methods above, wipe any excess loctite from the threads and let it cure for 24 hours. then put some loctite on the threads and install the bb lock ring and tighten it down with a lock ring tool. let that cure for 24 hours and youre ready to go. it will stand up to anything and can be removed with a little heat and hand tools.
    Last edited by monogod; 08-30-2007 at 05:58 AM.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    nothing wrong with skidding. in fact, most people who ride fixed off road dont even run a rear brake (myself included). if you are running a track hub and the cog and lock ring are installed properly then you can skid to your hearts content with no detriment; and when youre riding fixed off road its a necessity at times.

    theres nothing wrong with running a ghetto (i.e. "suicide") fixed hub if its set up correctly. a properly executed ghetto fixed hub will endure relentless and continual skidding with zero cog backing or stripping the hub. so youd be better off ignoring any advice on this subject from those who dismisses ghetto fixed hubs since such people obviously have no idea what theyre talking about.

    if youre using a track hub do not use loctite on it. seat the cog by using either a chainwhip, the rotafix method or by installing the cog and then standing on the pedals with the bikes front end against a wall. then pop the lock ring on and tighten it securely and the cog will not backspin at all.

    if youre setting up a ghetto fixie then clean the threads of cog and hub with acetone and apply loctite red 272 to the threads and then install and seat the cog with one of the methods above, wipe any excess loctite from the threads and let it cure for 24 hours. then put some loctite on the threads and install the bb lock ring and tighten it down with a lock ring tool. let that cure for 24 hours and youre ready to go. it will stand up to anything and can be removed with a little heat and hand tools.

    This is Bad advice, so many people are riding fixed gear without brakes these days. If you don't run brakes, don't trust your life to locktite and extra tight cogs. There is a reason people call these suicide hubs.

  5. #5
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Traktor
    This is Bad advice, so many people are riding fixed gear without brakes these days. If you don't run brakes, don't trust your life to locktite and extra tight cogs. There is a reason people call these suicide hubs.
    you are obviously one of the people with ZERO experience in this area.

    first of all, i did not say ride with NO brakes, i said no REAR brake. i (like countless others) have logged thousands of miles riding ghetto fixed hubs with no rear brake off road (and on) with no problems whatsoever. the qualifier for the advice is PROPERLY set up ghetto fixed hub.

    the reason they are called suicide hubs is because some idiots set them up by rotafix with no loctite and no bb lock ring and then the cog spins off under back pressure. this does not happen with a PROPERLY set up ghetto fixed hub.

    a PROPERLY set up ghetto fixed hub has four independent systems securing the cog to the hub. first is the pressure of seating the cog to the hub. second is the loctite on the cog threads. the third is the bb lockring seated tightly to the cog. the fourth is the loctite on the bb lockring threads.

    this is precisely why you let the loctite cure 24 hours BEFORE installing the bb lockring. otherwise the cog and the lockring are basically one apparatus.

    a PROPERLY set up ghetto fixed hub with loctite red 272 is permanent and can only be removed with application of heat (i.e. propane torch) and a great deal of effort. loctite secures threads by a crystallization process as it cures, and the red 272 sets up differently (crystalline size) than the blue 242 which is why red 272 is used for this application.

    a PROPERLY set up ghetto fixed hub will not backspin and the cog will not come off.

    imho, the worst advice that one can give is advice is that given out of complete ignorance of the facts.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    383

    Hey Mr. smartypants

    [QUOTE=


    imho, the worst advice that one can give is advice is that given out of complete ignorance of the facts.[/QUOTE]

    imho, the worst advice that one can give is advice that may cause harm to someone.

    Anyone running this setup should be sure to have a brake.

  7. #7
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,306

    hey mr. hasnoideawhattheyretalkingabout

    Quote Originally Posted by Traktor
    imho, the worst advice that one can give is advice that may cause harm to someone.

    Anyone running this setup should be sure to have a brake.
    again, you speak out of complete ignorance of the facts. not an insult, as ignorance is simply a lack of knowledge. a lack of knowledge can be rectified, but stupid (the inability to learn) is forever.

    a PROPERLY set up ghetto fixed hub is completely safe. for whatever reason youre failing to comprehend that the advice was NOT to run the bike with no brakes.

    one MAY get hurt taking a shower. does this mean that advising people to bathe is bad advice???
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    again, you speak out of complete ignorance of the facts. not an insult, as ignorance is simply a lack of knowledge.

    a PROPERLY set up ghetto fixed hub is completely safe. for whatever reason youre failing to comprehend that the advice was NOT to run the bike with no brakes.

    Ahh, thank you for clarifying that my total ignorance of this subject is nothing to be ashamed of. I feel so much better now.

  9. #9
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Traktor
    Ahh, thank you for clarifying that my total ignorance of this subject is nothing to be ashamed of. I feel so much better now.
    glad i could help!
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thadthetroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    864

    Red Loctite..suicide hub..okokokokokok

    Not trying to take sides here or get in the middle of an ongoing argument but i use a suicide hub on a couple fixies without rear brakes and have never had any problems.
    Using MG`s advice on the set-up for a suicide hub is good.
    If you can and are using a track hub then that is better by far and is the best way to go...

  11. #11
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,306
    Quote Originally Posted by thadthetroll
    Not trying to take sides here or get in the middle of an ongoing argument but i use a suicide hub on a couple fixies without rear brakes and have never had any problems.
    Using MG`s advice on the set-up for a suicide hub is good.
    If you can and are using a track hub then that is better by far and is the best way to go...
    its cool thad, no argument going on here.

    i totally agree that if youre building a wheel for fixed duty its better to use a track hub. makes changing cogs MUCH easier!
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2xPneu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    did not say ride with NO brakes, i said no REAR brake.
    Agreed-no rear brake necessary on a fixie-what's the point?

    I've been running a fixie offroad for years with no rear brake and never found the need for one despite riding through some very technical areas.

    However if you run a fixie offroad on anything technical with no front brake you're an idiot.

    Even if you break a chain or spin off a cog, you should be OK as long as you've got a front brake.

  13. #13
    Who turned out the lights
    Reputation: Francis Buxton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,127
    I run my fixed (on and off road) ghetto. It's simply the way my hubs have worked out. Many, many miles, and never any problems. Skid when necessary. I always run a front brake (never a rear, except during my "comfort level" period), b/c 1)I'm not a hipster and 2)I want a failsafe in case the cog backs off or my foot flails out of the pedal.

    One thing I like to do is go for a ride right after setting the cog. I don't do any backpedaling, but I try to mash up several hills to really set the cog. I then set the lock ring the next day. I always use Blue loctite, but the Red would be better.

    Monogod is right on this one.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PeanutButterBreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,565
    I ride fixed off road occasionally with a front brake and a PROPERLY selected hub with reverse lockring threads.

    I also ride my bike PROPERLY at all times, which means no skidding on trails.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,667
    That procedure for a ghetto hub sounds acceptable.
    I ride two fixed gear bikes with track hubs and occasionally I have to tighten the lockring. On one moreso than the other because it is the cheap $5 lockring. Next time it loosens I have a Dura-Ace to replace it. My track bike has only had the lockring loosen once and I think that is only because the cog and lockring had to settle from being new. I have not had to tighten that one again.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Godless Communist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    you are obviously one of the people with ZERO experience in this area.
    imho, the worst advice that one can give is advice is that given out of complete ignorance of the facts.
    Good ol' Monogod. Never met a subject he wasnt the definitive expert on, even if he has to just make sh</>it up.

    Whatever.

    Scaryguy: If you aren't running a proper fixed hub with a proper lockring, you can buy a Harris Cyclery track hub for $45 and never have to worry about red locktite, removing your cog with a blowtorch, or trying to separate the truth from the bullsh</>it in Monogod's arrogant posts.

    Best of luck on all fronts.

  17. #17
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,306
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutbutterbreath
    I ride fixed off road occasionally with a front brake and a PROPERLY selected hub with reverse lockring threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godless Communist
    If you aren't running a proper fixed hub with a proper lockring, you can buy a Harris Cyclery track hub for $45 and never have to worry about red locktite, removing your cog with a blowtorch, or trying to separate the truth from the bullsh</>it in Monogod's arrogant posts.
    the PROPERLY selected item is that which gets the job done. for some this includes in the most economic manner.

    there are many people who want to try out fixed riding but do not know how to lace wheels, or do not want to spend the money to have a track specific wheel built or even buy a track hub and then have their lbs lace it to an existing wheel. for that matter, there are also people who get hubs at cost and can lace wheels but need a fixed wheel and have a spare ss wheel lying around. a ghetto hub is an appropriate solution for all of the above.

    i feel like captain obvious here, but a ghetto fix is not the route one goes when one is building a fixed wheel. it is simply used when one wishes to try fixed riding and has an existing bmx style singlespeed wheel, or has an older mtn or road wheel with spin on cassette. in these cases a ghetto fix makes a lot of sense.

    since most people who are trying fixed riding for the first time are already singlespeeding and already have an idea of what ratio works for them and the veterans know what gearing they want theres no reason for frequent removal of the cog. but when needed it can be done using either use a heat gun or cheap <$10 disposable torch. takes just a touch of heat to the cog and then it spins off. to most its not rocket science or a difficult objective to achieve but i guess there are those who are intimidated by the prospect of using their gray matter and working with tools.

    as the consensus of those who actually have experience with them clearly shows, ghetto hubs work well. they are a viable inexpensive solution for those who wish to get their feet wet riding fixed or for those in need another fixed wheel and have an unused ss wheel lying around.


    Quote Originally Posted by peanutbutterbreath
    I also ride my bike PROPERLY at all times, which means no skidding on trails.
    the areas that require skipping to set up crank position are usually fairly knackered already and it is highly unlikely that the micro skids will have much of a noticeable impact.

    i was unaware that it was necessary to elucidate the obvious, but stating that a ghetto hub is just as capable of a track hub of enduring skids is not endorsement to destroy trails by skidding on them but rather is an endorsement of the strength of the ghetto hub.
    Last edited by monogod; 08-31-2007 at 07:45 AM.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PeanutButterBreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    the areas that require skipping to set up crank position are usually fairly knackered already and it is highly unlikely that the micro skids will have much of a noticeable impact.
    That is not an excuse. Intentionally skidding under any circumstances is a poor trail etiquette. If you don't have the skills to negotiate a trail without gratuitously contributing to its destruction, you shouldn't ride it.

  19. #19
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,306
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    That is not an excuse. Intentionally skidding under any circumstances is a poor trail etiquette. If you don't have the skills to negotiate a trail without gratuitously contributing to its destruction, you shouldn't ride it.
    "gratuitous" means "with no apparent reason" or "unwarranted".

    when a skip or skid (do you even know the difference between the two?) is done to position the crank arm to go up and/or over an obstacle there is a very apparent reason and/or is warranted. so no one with even a cursory grasp on the english language could call doing so "gratuitous".

    also, doing so results in a very short skid with the rear end UNweighted. this differs greatly in both execution and impact on the trail from a "normal" skid in which the rider weights the rear wheel and locks it up and skids. but then again, if you had the skills to actually rapidly ride the gnar gnar trails on a fixed gear bike youd know this.

    and many would disagree that intentionally skidding under any circumstances is poor trail etiquette. skips and skids to position ones cranks have much less impact on the trail than does the drifting that occurs when im railing around corners on a trail at high velocity. who knows... maybe someday youll have the skill to ride the trails rapidly enough to commit the sacrilege of {GASP!} sliding your tires (skidding) as you drift through a corner.

    to the OP... sorry about these two derailing the thread with superfluous garbage and petty personal attacks. they both have a history doing so behind my posts.
    Last edited by monogod; 08-31-2007 at 10:03 AM.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PeanutButterBreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    and many would disagree that intentionally skidding under any circumstances is poor trail etiquette. skips and skids to position ones cranks have much less impact on the trail than does the drifting that occurs when im railing around corners on a trail at high velocity. who knows... maybe someday youll have the skill to ride the trails rapidly enough to commit the sacrilege of {GASP!} sliding your tires (skidding) as you drift through a corner.
    I see that in addition to hastening the erosion of the trails by skidding, skipping etc., you also make a habit of exceeding safe speeds. Sounds like you are a lousy trail citizen at both ends of the speed spectrum.

  21. #21
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,306
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    I see that in addition to hastening the erosion of the trails by skidding, skipping etc., you also make a habit of exceeding safe speeds. Sounds like you are a lousy trail citizen at both ends of the speed spectrum.
    doesnt make someone a lousy trail citizen cuz they dont like poking along at your "safe speed" on the trails. perhaps your goal should be working to ride faster instead of expecting others to slow down and ride at the "safe speed" to which your limited abilities restrict you.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PeanutButterBreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    doesnt make someone a lousy trail citizen cuz they dont like poking along at your "safe speed" on the trails. perhaps your goal should be working to ride faster instead of expecting others to slow down and ride at the "safe speed" to which your limited abilities restrict you.
    I guess riders who observe speed limits, hikers, equestrians, oncoming trail users in all of the above categories, wildlife etc. don't even enter your though process. No suprise.

    Monogod is coming down and he is wicked fast! That is, until he sees a funny looking rock in which case he digs his rear wheel into the trail to drag himself to a halt, repositions his cranks and minces around it.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    doesnt make someone a lousy trail citizen cuz they dont like poking along at your "safe speed" on the trails. perhaps your goal should be working to ride faster instead of expecting others to slow down and ride at the "safe speed" to which your limited abilities restrict you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    I guess riders who observe speed limits, hikers, equestrians, oncoming trail users in all of the above categories, wildlife etc. don't even enter your though process. No suprise.

    Monogod is coming down and he is wicked fast! That is, until he sees a funny looking rock in which case he digs his rear wheel into the trail to drag himself to a halt, repositions his cranks and minces around it.

    And of course, if the real world was actually like the internets, only these described conditions at both extremes exist.....there's certainly no middle ground from either perspective.

    oh, that's right, it's Friday.

    carry on.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PeanutButterBreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,565
    What is the middle ground between a tire that has traction and a tire that is skidding?

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    What is the middle ground between a tire that has traction and a tire that is skidding?
    I don't know. I was just commenting on both of ya'll's assumptions about applying the extreme condition in order to 'make your point.'

    I'm sure that on occasion, you let it rip to a speed where you wouldn't be able to safely stop in a 100% controlled manner if something jumped out of the brush or maybe you've even ridden thru a blind corner carrying a touch of speed.

    And I'm sure that monogod doesn't roll around indiscriminately skidding his fixie into/around every turn or in order to set up perfectly for every little obstacle.

    And I'm also sure that he doesn't treat every trail like a race track, ripping around terrorizing other users, just as I'm sure that you've at one time or another grabbed a bit to much brake or had the rear tire slip under power while grunting up a loose headwall.

    That's what I meant by middle ground.
    Have a pleasant weekend.

  26. #26
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,306
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    I guess riders who observe speed limits, hikers, equestrians, oncoming trail users in all of the above categories, wildlife etc. don't even enter your though process. No suprise.

    Monogod is coming down and he is wicked fast! That is, until he sees a funny looking rock in which case he digs his rear wheel into the trail to drag himself to a halt, repositions his cranks and minces around it.
    geez dude, you really need anger management...

    if you actually rode a fixed gear off road you would know you dont come to a complete halt. its just a micro skid just as you approach the obstacle.
    Last edited by monogod; 08-31-2007 at 03:41 PM.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PeanutButterBreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,565
    If you knew how to ride a fixed gear off road PROPERLY you would know how to pick your lines a flow past obstacles at speed. You would also have the legs to control your speed PROPERLY instead of skidding.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    355
    nevermind.


  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Godless Communist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    Blah blah blah, I can act like a know-it-all assh</>ole but if you call me on it I'll pretend I'm above the fray
    My apologies to the OP for responding in a way that attracted the almighty Waco Monoturd to the thread. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll decide to annoint us with his absurd unsubstantiated claims about brakeless fixie riding having "the highest mortality rate among all cycling disciplines" and how "evolution has been disproven." Those are always good for a laugh, at least.

  30. #30
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Godless Communist
    My apologies to the OP for responding in a way that attracted the almighty Waco Monoturd to the thread. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll decide to annoint us with his absurd unsubstantiated claims about brakeless fixie riding having "the highest mortality rate among all cycling disciplines" and how "evolution has been disproven." Those are always good for a laugh, at least.
    maybe someday you will grow up and learn how to interact with others whom you disagree with without resorting to your childish name calling and personal attacks.

    im not holding my breath.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  31. #31
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,306
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    If you knew how to ride a fixed gear off road PROPERLY you would know how to pick your lines a flow past obstacles at speed. You would also have the legs to control your speed PROPERLY instead of skidding.
    geez dude... you win. i have neither the time nor desire to keep this asinine gibberish up in lieu of an actual coherent discussion.

    and youre right, my riding sucks. maybe someday ill be a big man like you and be able to mount these 1 - 2 foot step ledges and do some of the up to 2+ foot rooty, ledgy drops by simply picking a better line and flowing at speed.
    Last edited by monogod; 08-31-2007 at 06:24 PM.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  32. #32
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,306
    Quote Originally Posted by tomimcmillar
    nevermind.

    thanks for that heads up tomi, youre right. i got sucked into a flame war by the trolls again...

    geez... when will i ever learn???
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Godless Communist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    maybe someday you will grow up and learn how to interact with others whom you disagree with without resorting to your childish name calling and personal attacks. im not holding my breath.
    Uh huh... and I hope you find whatever it is you and your ego lack and are so desperately trying to compensate for. Soon.
    Last edited by Godless Communist; 08-31-2007 at 06:59 PM.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thadthetroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    864

    yep....what he said

    Quote Originally Posted by tomimcmillar
    nevermind.

    Nevermind

  35. #35
    aka Jesse Palmer
    Reputation: jp3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    857
    This thread is lulz worthy. I wanted to see how someone possibly broke a fixed gear bike, but this is even better...

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    I
    I also ride my bike PROPERLY at all times, which means no skidding on trails.
    excellent. could you post up how? i've got some different bikes one geared, one single, one single roadie. geared with properly setup discs, single with properly set up rim brakes, and roadie with properly setup rim brakes.
    thing is, on each of these bikes, i've occasionally had to skid. got thrown by an obstacle, critter ran out on the trail, person stepped the wrong way at the last minute when passing, that kinda thing. more often than i'd like, too.
    since you can ride fixed without skidding, could you help me out? i'd really love to know your technique. that way, i can then ride without skidding any where. ever. that'd be awesome!!!!
    thanks in advance, you rock!!

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PeanutButterBreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by wardfoto
    excellent. could you post up how? i've got some different bikes one geared, one single, one single roadie. geared with properly setup discs, single with properly set up rim brakes, and roadie with properly setup rim brakes.
    thing is, on each of these bikes, i've occasionally had to skid. got thrown by an obstacle, critter ran out on the trail, person stepped the wrong way at the last minute when passing, that kinda thing. more often than i'd like, too.
    since you can ride fixed without skidding, could you help me out? i'd really love to know your technique. that way, i can then ride without skidding any where. ever. that'd be awesome!!!!
    thanks in advance, you rock!!
    Always nice to meet a fan. Stick with it, kid. You'll get the hang of it.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.