well, of the year, actually. i waited and waited for things to be dry and not enrage nemba, but i couldn't contain myself any more. hell, it's spring, when a young man's thoughts turn to ...

... (huff, puff) crap! i lost that weight and still there's no way i can go to a higher ratio than 32:18. thank goodness i didn't change to a 16t cog like i planned ... just yet ...

... uh, did i clear that rock pile last year? damn, i did - but certainly not on the first ride of the season. it'll still be there next time ... who am i kidding. i gotta go back.

... how the hell has my front disc gone out of alignment sitting in a reasonably warm basement all winter, doing nothing? stupid hfx-9's ...

... jesus! my marzocchi is just killing me on this descent - what the hell!? if something is broken, i swear ... wait, wait, i forgot to flick off the eta after the climb ...

... sheee-ure, that cross-trail-bounce-off-the-rock-twice line was the one i meant to take ...

... so, if i ride today, and then tomorrow, i will have ridden at least twice before the hop-whatever race in conneticut easter saturday (rain rest of this week and next).

what a great day. i wish you all the same experience.