DOH!

69er's..........thoughts?

Jeasus Louise I saw a new trek 69'er yesterday. Crazy lookin ride!

I know some people are building them out of 26' frames/26' rear wheel with the rc31 26' carbon fork with a 29' wheel in it and they really like them.

I don't see much posted here about the 26/29 combos. I know it is nothing new to the biking world but who here uses this combo and has thoughts/insight about this combo?
    what don't kill ya, make ya more strong.

meh... whatever
    you dont see much here because there is a forum for them. im sure you could glean a plethora of information there.

that being said i dont give two hoots if its on topic for the forum or not! they work great!

ive run a 96er on a couple of different frames and they rode great (kona unit, surly 1x1).

the first one i tried some years ago was a complete disaster, but that because i was using a suspension 29er fork on a suspension frame. my logic was that the short travel 29er fork would be about as long from a-c as the 26er long travel (at the time) fork. had i not been in such a hurry and measured correctly i would have found that the particular fork i was using was about 40mm longer a-c than the long travel 26er fork the frame was built around.

it rode like a chopper!

when i get around to it im going to repeat the experiment with a current frame built around a long travel fork.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

DOH!
    My bad.............that one slipped right past me.
    what don't kill ya, make ya more strong.

mtbr member
    I have been running my singlespeed that way all year. I actually won the elite class 3 different times this year on it! What I do is use a 26 inch rigid (carbon) fork and disc brakes to keep the geometry similiar to a 26" bike. I also flop the stem upside down for a slight neg. rise. It is such a sweet ride, especially in the singletrack-perfect comprimise of 29er smooth and 26" quickness! Here are some picts of the bike on my blog: http://photo.xanga.com/Single_track_...896/photo.html
    I have different brakes on it from when this pict was taken: http://photo.xanga.com/Single_track_...014/photo.html
    http://photo.xanga.com/Single_track_...061/photo.html

Out spokin'

Dude....................

Quote Originally Posted by mtbyker
    I have been running my singlespeed that way all year...
    .........you look scary........

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

Members who have read this thread: 0