Deadhead
    Mar 2004

5" fork on an Inbred?

Wondering if anybody is running a 5" fork on their Inbred. I just scored an Inbred through the classifieds and am currently running a 4" EXR Pro on it. I have an '03 Z1 FR that I would like to put on it, but thought I would check here to see if anyone else had tried it. I'm aware of the change it will have on the geometry, which is not a big deal for me coming from a freeride background, but wanted to find out if there are any problems I might run in to. Thanks
    "If you can get both wheels sliding with no brakes, that's when you really know that you're cookin." Nathan Rennie

mtbr member

Start by emailing...

...Brant at On-One.

I had a TALAS on an Inbred and toyed with it in the 125mm setting. Didn't like it...made an otherwise nimble SS bike sloppy. Much preferred 100mm.

The other issue may be the fact that Zokes are just so tall in any travel setting vs. their peers of like travel. They're solid bikes, but not sure if they're design for a big old lever like that.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by gratefulbiker
    Wondering if anybody is running a 5" fork on their Inbred. I just scored an Inbred through the classifieds and am currently running a 4" EXR Pro on it. I have an '03 Z1 FR that I would like to put on it, but thought I would check here to see if anyone else had tried it. I'm aware of the change it will have on the geometry, which is not a big deal for me coming from a freeride background, but wanted to find out if there are any problems I might run in to. Thanks
    Professional Amateur

mtbr member
    Inbred's have a skinny top tube which makes them go "pling" nicely, but also makes for quite a bit of lateral flex, particularly when you add a long fork, and the rougher sort of riding that a long fork encourages you to do. I wouldn't.

singlespeed smash brother
    Don't do it man. I ran my 5" fox on my first inbread and with in 2 weeks the frame was toast from a bad landing from a huck. The imbread isn't a huck bike. It may look well built but it really is an xc stead better suited to keeping the wheels on the ground. IMO it handled way better with the fork set to 80mm than 100mm. It was very slow at 125mm.