mtbr member
    Feb 2010

29er Kool-aid with a SS lime slice

Well, I added a new steed to the stable to see what this whole 29er, SS thing was all about. I took her out for the maiden voyage today. 38 and sunny with a whole lot of mud. What better way to start.

Well here she is:
    Niner SIR 9 SS (32:18)
    (sorry for the cell phone pic, more to come)

Tomorrow, 42 and sunny for 15 miles ad probably some angry legs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29er Kool-aid with a SS lime slice-img_0243.jpg  

Out spokin'
    Beautiful. I opened your thread expecting to see a green bike... slice of lime thing...

Where are you located? Looks like good riding country.

-sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Beautiful. I opened your thread expecting to see a green bike... slice of lime thing...

Where are you located? Looks like good riding country.

-sParty
    I live in North Carolina and you are right about it being good riding country. Thanks. Yeah, I just couldn't bring my self to get the green. A little to flashy for me.

singletrack bound
    i wanted a sir 9 badly and I never got one......

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder75
    I live in North Carolina and you are right about it being good riding country. Thanks. Yeah, I just couldn't bring my self to get the green. A little to flashy for me.
    Don't get me wrong, I like what you've put together there, color and all. It just had to do with expectations... you know... before opening the thread.

I hope to ride back east someday. Meanwhile if you ever reach the left coast, bring your SS and look the Disciples of Dirt up. Come in September and plan to spend 2 weeks. You'll go home disappointed... not because of what you rode, but because you didn't plan to spend 3 weeks.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

singletrack bound
    I'm assuming that chain protector you have on there is more for foot strike against the chain stays than chain strike.....yes?

My spoon is too big!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone
    I'm assuming that chain protector you have on there is more for foot strike against the chain stays than chain strike.....yes?
    Nah, he must have changed his chain.

BTW, nice ride.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
    J. R. R. Tolkien

aka "SirLurkAlot"
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder75
    I rode here in NC yesterday as well. I actually thought about posting my experience with the "goose poo". Due to freeze/thaw conditions, you get a 1/8 to 1/4 inch layer of slime over hard pack clay. It makes for some real thrills when cornering and feels like you're pushing a gear 2 sizes different. If it isn't slime, it's dry sand and rock. Still a great time.

I thought of you Sparty and your winter rigid beater bike. I rode my HT Monkey and was glad my Milk Money is still in the works. I wouldn't want to subject it to that muck.

Nice ride BTW - enjoy.

AEC
    mtbr member
    Thats awesome! Cant wait to assemble my Niner One 9!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Don't get me wrong, I like what you've put together there, color and all. It just had to do with expectations... you know... before opening the thread.

I hope to ride back east someday. Meanwhile if you ever reach the left coast, bring your SS and look the Disciples of Dirt up. Come in September and plan to spend 2 weeks. You'll go home disappointed... not because of what you rode, but because you didn't plan to spend 3 weeks.

--sParty
    Actually, I am planing a trip to the left coast next year. I will be out that way in the end of April, first of May. I have a business trip to Vegas and am looking to add on some vacation time afterwards. Biking sounds like a perfectly good thing to do.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone
    You are correct sir, I don't want to rub the paint off just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by medieval
    Nah, he must have changed his chain.

BTW, nice ride.
    Thanks

And Like hsakkire said, it is an adventure riding here in the winter with the slime over hardpack. But, it does improve ones drifting skills in the corners.

master blaster
    Looks good.
    Although i dont think ill ever get used to shimano's huge rim logos.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Well another ride in the woods and I am still liking it. My legs on the other hand.....

Some classic singletrack....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29er Kool-aid with a SS lime slice-img_0248_2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Looks like Lake Norman?? Great place to ride a singlespeed. If that's where you were, which loop or loops did you ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jnails
    Looks like Lake Norman?? Great place to ride a singlespeed. If that's where you were, which loop or loops did you ride.
    Good eye, it is Lake Norman. Did the Monbo, Norwood and Itusi loops. Was a great ride. Tomorrow is Sherman Branch.

aka "SirLurkAlot"
    Mar 2010
    I took the Monkey to Lake Norman this morning. My legs are definitely feeling it. 3 solid days of riding. They're tired but it's awesome to get in 3 days of hammering in a row.

Members who have read this thread: 0