26" sliding dropout OnOne Inbred - in stock anywhere?- Mtbr.com
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

26" sliding dropout OnOne Inbred - in stock anywhere?

Looking for a 26'er of the new sliding dropout version of the OnOne Inbred frame, but I can't seem to find one anywhere - does anyone know of any online vendor that has any in stock?!?!?! Thanks!

aka dan51
    I've been looking for the same thing for over a month now.
    I can't find them anywhere. The best I have done is contacted Zed Sport and been put on their waiting list to get one. That was about 3 weeks ago.

-Dan

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Looking for a 26'er of the new sliding dropout version of the OnOne Inbred frame, but I can't seem to find one anywhere - does anyone know of any online vendor that has any in stock?!?!?! Thanks!
    What size are you looking for?

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherbrian
    What size are you looking for?
    Looking for a 20" frame. Looks like I'll be on a waiting list for a while.

aka dan51
    Looking for a 20" frame. Looks like I'll be on a waiting list for a while.
    Me too.
    Even the on-one website has only the smallest size available.

mtbr member
    YES YES Just got mine from chainreactioncycles.co.uk in the UK

They are great, I live in Australia and buy nearly all my gear from them or the USA etc. You won't have a problem and at the moment they are going for about US$330 shipped!!

They have all sizes in stock http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...x?ModelID=5736

BARGAIN!!

mtbr member
    This is off topic but I see Ryan is from down under. How big is the death of Irwin in your country? He was a great guy but his death was a long time coming.

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan123
    YES YES Just got mine from chainreactioncycles.co.uk in the UK

They are great, I live in Australia and buy nearly all my gear from them or the USA etc. You won't have a problem and at the moment they are going for about US$330 shipped!!

They have all sizes in stock http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...x?ModelID=5736

BARGAIN!!
    Thanks for the link, however the one they have is the horizontal dropouts, and not the sliding vertical dropouts. It's also no longer being produced, since the sliding one is replacing it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer
    This is off topic but I see Ryan is from down under. How big is the death of Irwin in your country? He was a great guy but his death was a long time coming.
    Very sad. The whole country can't get believe it. He was such a great guy and perfect ambassador for the country. What he did for Australia, and more importantly animal conservation was incredible. He will be hugely missed.

Crazy John
    Aug 2006

26" sliding dropout OnOne Inbred

You might want to try www.fullcycles.com , they have always been helpful and are willing to go out of the way for you, plus they are a dealer of OnOne.

mtbr member
    you should also try...

www.webcylcery.com

Ariolimax columbianus
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    Thanks for the link, however the one they have is the horizontal dropouts, and not the sliding vertical dropouts. It's also no longer being produced, since the sliding one is replacing it.
    I'm pretty sure they stopped making the sliding dropout models. You should post on the On-One site to get a real answer, or maybe Brant is lurking this thread an will give us an answer. Looks like the Zion w/EBB @ Jenson is a comparable (even cheaper) alternative if you can't find one.

You should just give in and throw down to buy one of these http://www.sycip.com/bikes_single.html
    Local baby!

Price Point has completes w/the sliding drops, but you already knew that.
    Last edited by nativeson; 09-05-2006 at 10:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Forget the 26"!

I've just bought the 29" version. It's amazing - whips over everything. Rode it back to back over the same course as my 26" and it's much much faster. I have never felt so safe at speed in the dirt.
    "The man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest" Henry David Thoreau (obviously a single speeder)

"...everytime you throw something away your load gets lighter..."

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by datako
    Forget the 26"!

I've just bought the 29" version. It's amazing - whips over everything. Rode it back to back over the same course as my 26" and it's much much faster. I have never felt so safe at speed in the dirt.
    I have the 29'er Inbred already. I want to convert my existing 26'er hardtail to singlespeed as well, and I love the sliding dropout system on the Inbred - one frame, and you can run it geared or SS depending on the dropout, you don't have to use a bolt-on rear axle, and there's no interference from the disc caliper when you want to take the back wheel off. IMHO, it's simply the coolest design around. The only other manufacturer I think that employs this same system is Voodoo, but their top tube lengths are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too short. (I mean, who wants a 20" frame with a 23.5" top tube?) So, I'm stuck looking for an Inbred. I've done the EBB thing once and hated the fact that it constantly creaked, would not keep the chain tight, and every time you adjusted it, you'd have to also adjust the saddle position, because the angle and distance from the saddle to the BB would change.

Before I wrote the orignal post here, I checked Webcyclery first. That's where I got my 29'er Inbred frame, but they don't have any of the 26'ers in stock. Mean Todd said they might have some by the end of the month. I checked Full Cycles next - they also have the 29'er, but no 26'ers. I looked at the OnOne site and they say "out of stock" for all the sliding dropout Inbreds. I contacted Zed Sport, and they wrote back that they're getting complete Inbred bikes in a few weeks, but no frames. If the complete bike came with disc brakes, I'd consider getting one at the advertised price, but the frame I'd hang those parts on is disc only. I emailed Brant at OnOne twice about the stock status of sliding drop Inbreds and never got a response from him. Looks like I'll hopefully be buying a used one.

While I know OnOne quit making the traditional geared Inbred frame and the Inbred SS frame with the track ends, I can't believe that they would discontinue production of the newly redesigned sliding dropout Inbred.

(Edit - I guess Kona uses this sliding dropout system too.)
    Last edited by Earthpig; 09-09-2006 at 12:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    While I know OnOne quit making the traditional geared Inbred frame and the Inbred SS frame with the track ends, I can't believe that they would discontinue production of the newly redesigned sliding dropout Inbred.
    I agree that it is unlikely they were discontinued.

From reading threads on the On-One site though, it does sound like they get built in batches in Asia and then shipped to the UK (and then to Zed in the US) by cargo ships, the most affordable, but slowest and least trackable, means possible.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    ...The only other manufacturer I think that employs this same system is Voodoo, but their top tube lengths are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too short. (I mean, who wants a 20" frame with a 23.5" top tube?)
    ...I can't believe that they would discontinue production of the newly redesigned sliding dropout Inbred.
    Funny! I actually bought a Voodoo frame to build up, but when I looked at it I realised I'd never be comfortable on it because the top tube is too short. So now it sits brandnew and unused in my shed.

I'm pretty sure that the 26" Inbred is discontinued - the On-one site seemed pretty specific about it being a final closedown of the model.

I've just been on a 60 mile crosscountry ride on my 29er and I'm even more impressed.
    "The man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest" Henry David Thoreau (obviously a single speeder)

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherbrian
    I agree that it is unlikely they were discontinued.

From reading threads on the On-One site though, it does sound like they get built in batches in Asia and then shipped to the UK (and then to Zed in the US) by cargo ships, the most affordable, but slowest and least trackable, means possible.
    If Brant would ever respond to an email, we'd know for sure.

Good thing I know a guy with a 20" sliding dropout Inbred who is looking to get rid of his and who will be in Boise next week....

mtbr member
    Currently out of stock, and not reordered yet.

Landing shortly we have a more affordable welded (fixed) dropout version of that frame, and I'm also prototyping a new horizontal dropout (not sliding) which should fix all current problems (wheel movement, wheel removal) without needing sliding parts.

We will be reordering sliding dropout frames, but these might be on the Scandal frame, rather than the steel inbred.

mtbr member
    thanks for the info brant!

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Yes - thanks Brant! Can't wait to be the owner of not one, but two fine OnOne products!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I'm also prototyping a new horizontal dropout (not sliding) which should fix all current problems (wheel movement, wheel removal) without needing sliding parts.
    Now! you will admit there is a problem with wheel movement. You went through a list of what people where doing wrong(set up, too fat) when you this first became aware of an issue with the sliders. It takes a big man to admit he is wrong.

mtbr member
    Now! you will admit there is a problem with wheel movement. You went through a list of what people where doing wrong(set up, too fat) when you this first became aware of an issue with the sliders. It takes a big man to admit he is wrong.
    No - you misunderstand my description.

I am working on a new horizontal dropout that offers disc compatibility with a "track end" type design dropout without the problems that occur with many other designs - such as having to unbolt the disc caliper, run a specific size rotor or having the rear wheel shifting backwards on the disc side under hard braking.

I still don't accept a blanket problem on our sliding dropouts - proven by the fact that a frame returned by one customer as "un-usable" was passed to another rider who's ridden it for many, many miles with zero problems - inspite of being heavier/harsher than the previous owner.

It's set up problems and people not doing bolts up right that causes any problem, though once bent, the chaintugs that come with early bikes don't do the job properly, exacerbating the problem.

Our new chunky chaintugs are there for people that have problems and need a replacement.

If anyone has issues with their on-one sliding dropout frames, or any other of our products, please contact me and we'll help resolve them.

mtbr member
    It's set up problems and people not doing bolts up right that causes any problem, though once bent, the chaintugs that come with early bikes don't do the job properly, exacerbating the problem. .
    Ok I think you remember my problem with the driveside slider?
    Our new chunky chaintugs are there for people that have problems and need a replacement..
    Thats great. How much?

If anyone has issues with their on-one sliding dropout frames, or any other of our products, please contact me and we'll help resolve them.
    I raise my hand! If you want to send me a set of those shiny new thicker chaintugs feel free. Just email me for my address. [email protected]

mtbr member
    Just email me for my address. [email protected]
    Please email me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    ...I still don't accept a blanket problem on our sliding dropouts...It's set up problems and people not doing bolts up right that causes any problem...

Our new chunky chaintugs are there for people that have problems and need a replacement...
    Don't blame the customer, that's an old-fashioned British way to respond to a problem. The sort of people buying Inbreds have been around bikes for some time, and know the basics, so don't piss them off by implying they are incompetents. This is what killed the old British motorcycle industry.

Your company is doing a lot of things right - great service, quick response to the problem, free sturdier chain tensioners etc, and the bike is very good otherwise.

As you mentioned earlier the solution is as simple as reversing the lefthand tensioner, and now they are stronger, it is a permanent fix.

mtbr member
    I emailed you Brant. Please respond.

mtbr member
    I emailed you Brant. Please respond.
    Yes. You mailed me.

On a Sunday.

I am not even close to up to date on emails after the weekend yet. Give us a minute :-)

mtbr member
    Yes. You mailed me.

On a Sunday.

I am not even close to up to date on emails after the weekend yet. Give us a minute :-)
    No hurry, just letting you know.

mtbr member
    Hey Brant did my payment go through on the tentioner?

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Ask and ye shall receive. Thanks to anotherbrian!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by datako
    Funny! I actually bought a Voodoo frame to build up, but when I looked at it I realised I'd never be comfortable on it because the top tube is too short. So now it sits brandnew and unused in my shed.

I'm pretty sure that the 26" Inbred is discontinued - the On-one site seemed pretty specific about it being a final closedown of the model.

I've just been on a 60 mile crosscountry ride on my 29er and I'm even more impressed.
    i don't agree... in fact i think voodoos are perfect for singlespeeding: short top tube, so you can use a fairly long stem which makes climbing easier...
    anyway i just love short top tubes and i love my wanag so i will always find voodoo some excuse...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Looking for a size 14 Inbred w/ sliding dropouts....

Anyone? Almost forgot, 26in wheels.

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by cchan999
    Anyone? Almost forgot, 26in wheels.
    I've given up on this bike. Been waiting for over two months.
    I see a Niner in my future.

Members who have read this thread: 0