24hours of the Old Pueblo Solo News- Mtbr.com
    Fight the Kakistocracy!

24hours of the Old Pueblo Solo News

All of you psychos, er, I mean totally committed single solos, this is for you. There is a limit on the number of the solo riders this year of 100, as of last night at the Sonoran Desert Mountain Bikers meeting last night, only 30 slots remain. 70 people already signed up, get your info at epicrides.

On another note: LakeRaven, are we still on for the QQQQ of the SouthWest?
    veelz

Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

Account Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by veelz
    All of you psychos, er, I mean totally committed single solos, this is for you. There is a limit on the number of the solo riders this year of 100, as of last night at the Sonoran Desert Mountain Bikers meeting last night, only 30 slots remain. 70 people already signed up, get your info at epicrides.

On another note: LakeRaven, are we still on for the QQQQ of the SouthWest?
    I'm a go for 4QSW....... Is Mateo gonna join us again? If I remember correctly Ken in KC will be on injured reserve. Can I bring out a replacement with me from Chicago? Naked Noel on his 1 x 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Probably drunk right now

Definitely on the IR

Quote Originally Posted by LakeRaven
    I'm a go for 4QSW....... Is Mateo gonna join us again? If I remember correctly Ken in KC will be on injured reserve. Can I bring out a replacement with me from Chicago? Naked Noel on his 1 x 1.
    I'm heading under the knife this Friday. Is percoset and beer a bad idea?

Ken

Account Retired

Good Luck

Let us know how that beer and percoset works out.

g

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Naked Noel on his 1 x 1.
    That couldn't have been from last year's old pueblo 'cause it was freakin' cold at night.

mtbr member

That picture smells like Barbie Camp to me...

Quote Originally Posted by ssmike
    That couldn't have been from last year's old pueblo 'cause it was freakin' cold at night.
    Mike,

You racing this year?

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Mike,

You racing this year?
    Aye. Dan and Wayne are trying to get two teams - one drunk and one sober to see who's the fastest. They're feeling pretty cocky after their Idyllwild race. Drunk and cactus don't sound too appealing to me so I may be on the sober (well, buzzed) team.

Flight Junkie

Smile I just signed up for solo SS

I just signed up because of your thread (thanks). I didn't want to miss out. My first SS in being built right now and I am looking forword to it. I've got a suggestion for you all. This race collects food for the hungry. Why not have your family and friends sponsor you for every 10 miles you do they will donate a can of food. Afterword you can donate this to the hungry. After quite a few laps, this could mean a good deal of food. So I challange you do get your family and friends to donate to you help out. Thanks Scott

King Pin

... and if we just ... In??

If you asshats want me out there again, I'm IN!

Old slow guy on a POS SofaKing. I've been training.....this time.

Let's do it! Let me know the details....I'll send $$.

Fight the Kakistocracy!

Thoughts on Percoset and Beer

MMMM, yum.

Ken this would make you put in probably the fastest times ever, maybe a record, not that you would care with that cocktail. Matt, you're in, I am glad to see Gary is interested. We'll have to see about Noel though, I don't want to personally see him the way he is in the picture. I have a friend from Maryland (32seventeen) that might be interested as well. Well, at least I am interested in having him come out. I will check with epicrides to see if we can do it as a 5man, maybe we should go up against the gearies with 5. I promise to consider the possibilty that I will think about the proposition of training more than for 5 weeks this year. Maybe a new blinglespeed might help me in my motivation, I never get sick or hurt (not), I don't need the stinkin' health insurance.

ciao-der
    veelz

Fight the Kakistocracy!

Np

Quote Originally Posted by IBIKEAZ
    I just signed up because of your thread (thanks). I didn't want to miss out. My first SS in being built right now and I am looking forword to it. I've got a suggestion for you all. This race collects food for the hungry. Why not have your family and friends sponsor you for every 10 miles you do they will donate a can of food. Afterword you can donate this to the hungry. After quite a few laps, this could mean a good deal of food. So I challange you do get your family and friends to donate to you help out. Thanks Scott
    No Problemo- You might want to try Ken concoction of percoset and beer thought when you are finished. Watch the board, a bunch go from here, we will have to have a "mini-gathering" ride of sorts.
    veelz

Probably drunk right now

T minus 22 hours, 12 minutes....

MMMM, yum.

Ken this would make you put in probably the fastest times ever, maybe a record, not that you would care with that cocktail. Matt, you're in, I am glad to see Gary is interested. We'll have to see about Noel though, I don't want to personally see him the way he is in the picture. I have a friend from Maryland (32seventeen) that might be interested as well. Well, at least I am interested in having him come out. I will check with epicrides to see if we can do it as a 5man, maybe we should go up against the gearies with 5. I promise to consider the possibilty that I will think about the proposition of training more than for 5 weeks this year. Maybe a new blinglespeed might help me in my motivation, I never get sick or hurt (not), I don't need the stinkin' health insurance.

ciao-der
    The countdown to invading Ken's shoudler has begun. By this time tomorrow I should be drooling in a recovery room with my pasty fat ass hanging out of a surgical gown. Woo Hoo!

cause it's fun
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC
    The countdown to invading Ken's shoudler has begun. By this time tomorrow I should be drooling in a recovery room with my pasty fat ass hanging out of a surgical gown. Woo Hoo!
    hmm...I find this appealing in a non gay sort of way.
    bus driver wanna be

hispanic mechanic

I'm in!!!

I just talked to Todd, and I'll be soloing again this year. I had a great time last year. These guys put on a great event, and it's an awesome course for a first solo. If you're on the fence about this one, don't be. Sign up, you won't regret it!
    Oh, and BTW- I might have to do it fixed...

the los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

dongerparty.com

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sslos
    I just talked to Todd, and I'll be soloing again this year. I had a great time last year. These guys put on a great event, and it's an awesome course for a first solo. If you're on the fence about this one, don't be. Sign up, you won't regret it!
    Oh, and BTW- I might have to do it fixed...

the los
    What's the course like? Any course topo maps out there? I really want to come down there....
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

Fight the Kakistocracy!

Go here!

Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    What's the course like? Any course topo maps out there? I really want to come down there....
    Go to this site, topofusion, and check out this page, there is a map. I have a copy of the program, and it rocks if you have access to a GPS unit, easy to use, even for a monkey like me.
    veelz

hispanic mechanic

It's a great first solo...

Not a lot of climbing, nothing too technical. These guys really do put on a great race.
    Just sign up already!

the los
    Whiskey is my yoga.

dongerparty.com

ride like a girl
    Jan 2004
    what sslos said. great first solo race. it was my first solo last year (although I'd done the race on a team) and it was a great experience. great course, great organization. you should definitely do it.
    Though she be but little, she is fierce.
    William Shakespeare, MSND

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The course supposedly has something like 1,200 ft of climbing per lap but most of that is in really rolling areas as the low point on the course is only about 500 feet below the highest point. I rode it on a geared bike last Feb. and literally stayed in my big chainring for probably 50-60% of the 16.5 mile lap. I did notice that it would be a great singlespeed course with respect to climbing as most of it is very, very gradual (most of it is in the 500' climb in the last 4 miles or so). The flats at the beginning of the course would really suck as you'd really be spinning along there.

For the guy that asked about 5-man, the only 5-man categories were the co-ed and corporate categories. I rode it as my first endurance event in the 5-man co-ed after getting asked to do it by a friend and had a great time. It is a fun course but be sure your tires have some sort of flat prevention.

Ride Bikes, Drink Beer
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmike
    That photo wasn't Old Pueblo. It was Gnomefest. If you weren't there, you should have been. Don't let LR's shorts fool you, it was cold that night. Low of 32 if I remember.

Hope y'all will welcome me to Tuscon, cuz I'm really looking forward to it.

Farmboy (aka Noel)

Ride Bikes, Drink Beer
    MMMM, yum.

I am glad to see Gary is interested. We'll have to see about Noel though, I don't want to personally see him the way he is in the picture.
    ciao-der
    I promise I'll keep my clothes on. This is what made me do it:
    Attached Images Attached Images