23t freewheel?- Mtbr.com

Thread: 23t freewheel?

When did you get here?!?!

23t freewheel?

Hello!
    I've converted my vertical dropout frame to single using a surly singleator and think it's pretty fugly and doesn't function perfectly.
    I'm thinking about going to the ENO hub but would have to loose my endless cog and go to a freewheel. I'm new at this and am on a 29er so I'm currently running 32-23. Are there 23 tooth freewheels out there?

*edit* O.k. I did a search and found the ENO freewheel in 23. Now for my next question, or exclaimation actually, $70?!?!? I guess I'd have to just change the front if I wanted different gearing after investing in that sucker.

*edit 2* Search number 2 sent me to Sheldon Brown's site and I found the ACS 22 tooth freewheel for $20. Is it as much of a clunker as it looks?
    Any input?

~E
    Last edited by pisgahproductions; 08-27-2006 at 07:37 AM.
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

Peace & Love
    sure, the ENO. not sure if 23t is a new offering, but it is available.

from the east
    The ACS is fine. Nobody expects them to last forever, but keep 'em oiled and they'll be happy for a good while. Decent engagement, too. ENO's great, but don't bother dropping the coin on one till you know it's the size you want.

The ENO hub, on the other hand, is very worth it from the get-go!

eric.
    What power?!?

The power of Voodoo!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i've used a 22t ACS claw for a while, and it is fine. not nearly so fine as the WI 21t that i am running now, but it works.

actually, i have two of the 22t (don't ask) and would be happy to part with one for half, but with shipping, it would be easier for you to just go buy one, unless you are in The OC.

Members who have read this thread: 0