2009 Moto frame POS or a good buy?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2009 Moto frame POS or a good buy?

I see these frames all over Ebay. Has anyone done a build with this frame? I know its
    made in China, but so are many other good frames. I've read reviews on the Moto Outcast
    and they not good due to sub par components but what about the frames? Reasonable
    price. https://bikeisland.com/images/11042001.JPG

mtbr member
    I'm pretty familiar with them. I used to sell Motobecanes at a bike store some years ago. They're fine. Nothing sexy or extravagant, but there's nothing wrong with them either. Just a pretty basic aluminum Taiwan frame, which is about what you'd get from any of the larger manufacturers at a lower price point.

The only thing about the Outcast is the lack of disk brake capability. Other than that you could build yourself a pretty light reasonably priced bike if you set your mind to it. I've thought about doing the same thing myself.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rolondo
    The only thing about the Outcast is the lack of disk brake capability.
    the 09 outcast frame is disc compatable, and the 29er version is disc only...finally

im hoping to see this frame built up as a complete, i could use a spare bike

Frt Range, CO
    I built up my commuter IGH on the old outcast29 frame with horizontal dropouts and v-brake bosses. If you compare the geometry to other bikes, it's a very standard hardtail frame, the 19" weighs 4.6lbs and the EFF is 24". If you don't mind the uglyist horizontal sliders I've every seen, go for it. Otherwise have a look at the Misfit diSSent or Soul Dillinger. Another option for cheap is the Bianchi Rita, Milwakee Cycles has 'em on ebay for $245. Only weighs 3.5lbs for a 19.5", too light for me.

Members who have read this thread: 0