2005 Phil Wood SS for Sale- Mtbr.com
    Peace & Love

2005 Phil Wood SS for Sale

Not because I'm fast.....

Doh!

I am sending a therapist over to your house right now.

Medium?
    Best offer? Way too much pressure. Can the first digit be a '1', or does it have to be a '2'? Hmmm....

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by 2farfwd
    I am sending a therapist over to your house right now.
    Send a marriage counselor over while you are at it.....in the case that the bike sells and the blue bike that replaces it does not fake out the wife!

Peace & Love
    I know....lame. I am still sorting out what my new bike would be if I got one. I am guessing that the first number would probably have to be a 2 to enable me to justify the new wheels.

Out spokin'

Dude!

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    ...cheers
    I don't get this!

Previously I respected you.

Now I pity you.

Something is so wrong with all this. Very, very wrong. You know it's true.

I wish I could help... I care.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

Make lemonade
    Nov 2004

oh my gawd!

I am glad to find out that it is a large and not a medium - that thing looks to sweet to pass up...
    ...if it fit.

Peace & Love
    the insane should be pitied

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

Wink But, but,

I was all set to send you that call tag...whimper,whimper.

Glad you were able to come to a decision. Remember, you can always replace it. I don't know if I could make that kind of decision anymore, after parting with my classic Bridgestone. Wifey has to sell some of her stuff before I buckle again. She calls it compromise, I called it just plain sad. No way I'm getting rid of the 1x1. Ever. The thing can sit in a box rusting if I ever get a different frame.

Steel Bike's aren't considered a "Her" in the cosmic vision of things. They're considered a "Him". As in, they should be allowed to get worn in, well traveled, a bit dirty from time to time, and a bit rusty in their later years, then retire when good and ready. *hey, I think I finally figured out a good signature!! Thanks for the moment of inspiration Fo! Something goods already coming out of this!

"Why I oughta..."
    If I had the bucks and the W.A.F. (Wife Acceptance Factor) dialed in, I would take a stab at it as I only have 3 bikes in the quiver.

mongo not happy.
    "Welcome to All Things Scottish, if it's not Scottish, it's craaaapp!! Can I help ye?" - Stuart Rankin

Belltown Brazer
    Fo, that is a beauty and good luck on the sale.

You could be the poster child for the "don't try a 29er if you've just finished blinging out a 26er" cause.

I knew this would happen when you started "thinking" about getting a 29er to "compare" with your PW. It doesn't come all at once, but the 29er bug will effect you enough to foresake the 26 wheels altogether. My FC Yo Eddy now hangs from my workshop ceiling in a place of honor...but forever retired from trail duty.

Cheers!

B

Steel and teeth.
    Forgive my naivety, but why don’t you sell the frame and fork, rebuild the wheels, and keep the rest of your parts for the 29er??? It seems like you will lose a lot more money by trying to get rid of everything as opposed to just the frame and fork… especially considering that most of these parts could conceivably transfer over to a new frame and fork.

Am I missing something?

bb

try driving your car less
    Send a marriage counselor over while you are at it.....in the case that the bike sells and the blue bike that replaces it does not fake out the wife!
    I would order the exact same frame but 29er from PW.
    send the 26er to larry and have him rebuild it as a 29er.
    you will need new wheelbuild and a fork.

tell your wife that 'there is something wrong with the bike and it needs to be fixed'
    it's sort of true.

PW might even take the 26er in on trade? worth considering. get the same blue color and you are all set.

i have a purple GF rig and am considering getting a custom frame in the same color just for this purpose!
    Only boring people get bored.

Peace & Love
    no....you are not missing anything my friend. I may in fact just do that instead if need be. I would also need to sell the wheelset since the new bike will be geared and the sweet Phils are single speed (and I would not keep the front since it is a match for the rear).

cheers

Steel and teeth.
    no....you are not missing anything my friend. I may in fact just do that instead if need be. I would also need to sell the wheelset since the new bike will be geared and the sweet Phils are single speed (and I would not keep the front since it is a match for the rear).

cheers
    Gotcha. Good luck. I look forward to seeing your next build.

bb

mcd
    uh, uh...oh, i forget
    Jan 2004

That musta been the longest...

31 days of your life! What are you thinking will replace this?
    disclaimer: i (NO LONGER) live with my mom...

Sofa King We Todd Did
    I had doubts at first, and so I consulted the Gospel According To Singlespeedicus. And I was right. If you sell this Phil Wood, you're pretty much going to burn in hell for all eternity.

The buyer, on the other hand, will get his/her wings.

velocipede technician

ditto

Quote Originally Posted by eleser
    I am glad to find out that it is a large and not a medium - that thing looks to sweet to pass up...
    ...if it fit.
    you said it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    If you do part it out (and I'd recommend it, since there are a lot fewer buyers with the cash to buy a complete blinglespeed than one in pieces, and you could transfer many of the parts), drop me a PM on the frame (though I'd need to check PW site for what a large frame is). While I admit I like the On-One frame I built up to comparable bling, I don't have any emotional attachement to it yet.

That's gonna leave a mark
    Dude, I was only kidding. Don't take me so seriously. You're bikes are fine. They're nice. Don't throw good money after bad...

(wish I had the extra coin and was about 5" taller...)
    Fat fanatic.

"Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

Quote Originally Posted by MDEnvEngr
    My FC Yo Eddy now hangs from my workshop ceiling in a place of honor...but forever retired from trail duty.

B
    Yo, B. You have a Yo hanging from the ceiling? I just got back from my spiritual analyst and she said your Yo has been channeling me...PM or email me if you're ever in the market for a foster parent for that FC.
    Fat fanatic.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherbrian
    If you do part it out (and I'd recommend it, since there are a lot fewer buyers with the cash to buy a complete blinglespeed than one in pieces, and you could transfer many of the parts), drop me a PM on the frame (though I'd need to check PW site for what a large frame is). While I admit I like the On-One frame I built up to comparable bling, I don't have any emotional attachement to it yet.
    You are probably right......I think when I have time I am gonna change the classified ad to represent selling the frame, fork, and/or wheelset either individually or separate. As for the website noting the specs on the frame, http://www.philwood.com/SS%20information.pdf

Expert Pushing SSer
    You are probably right......I think when I have time I am gonna change the classified ad to represent selling the frame, fork, and/or wheelset either individually or separate. As for the website noting the specs on the frame, http://www.philwood.com/SS%20information.pdf
    Just found the size is too big for me. Bummer. My wife is happy though.
    Tuff Schist

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

About Time

FoShizzle, Best of luck seeling the PW. I have been wondering how long you would hang on to that bike, after riding 29ers. I sold off both my 26ers a few months after riding 29 inch steeds in all conditions. Just doesn't make sense to have such an expensive garage ornament.

Belltown Brazer
    Sorry...but I can't let him go. The Yo has been built up about every way a hardtail can: SS, gears, rigid, front fork, fenders and slicks...you name it. The last incarnation was SS. The next will be back to slicks and fenders for commuting and bikepath trailer pulling duties.

The Yos are out there though...keep searching. The Yo is still the best "handling" bike I've ever ridden, if it wasn't for the handicap of the small wheels it'd still be rolling it on the trails.

B

Quote Originally Posted by MDEnvEngr
    Sorry...but I can't let him go. The Yo has been built up about every way a hardtail can: SS, gears, rigid, front fork, fenders and slicks...you name it. The last incarnation was SS. The next will be back to slicks and fenders for commuting and bikepath trailer pulling duties.

The Yos are out there though...keep searching. The Yo is still the best "handling" bike I've ever ridden, if it wasn't for the handicap of the small wheels it'd still be rolling it on the trails.

B
    Oh I have one. Even have a couple IF's. I'm just a firm believer one can't have too many Fats or IF's. Nice to hear you're using him to the fullest.
    Fat fanatic.

Members who have read this thread: 0