2004 S.A.S.S. Tire Size- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. 2004 S.A.S.S. Tire Size

Doing my endless research, I came upon a possible frame purchase. This would be for a 2004 SASS. My question is in regards to the tire size specs on the front and rear. What is the max tire size that one could run in this particular frameset? I did an exhaustive search in Google and within the forums, but came up with nothing pertaining to the actual measurement. So I figured I would post it and see if anyone knew, or could measure the size if they have one? I am not sure if the bike can go up to 2.7, or if 2.4/2.5 is the max? I am looking to see if I can fit a 2.7 in there for both the front and rear, or at the least, the rear...

Spanx all in advance,

-- Stebes

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stebesplace
    Doing my endless research, I came upon a possible frame purchase. This would be for a 2004 SASS. My question is in regards to the tire size specs on the front and rear. What is the max tire size that one could run in this particular frameset? I did an exhaustive search in Google and within the forums, but came up with nothing pertaining to the actual measurement. So I figured I would post it and see if anyone knew, or could measure the size if they have one? I am not sure if the bike can go up to 2.7, or if 2.4/2.5 is the max? I am looking to see if I can fit a 2.7 in there for both the front and rear, or at the least, the rear...

Spanx all in advance,

-- Stebes

not that this will answer your question, but i run a 2.4 in the front (though on an on-one superlight fork) and a 2.24 in the rear. not sure why you'd want 2.7 in the back but if you ran a really long chain, it would probably clear (maybe with some fun sound effects though). sorry for the not answer to your question.

marc

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Mutanoraptor 2.4's fit fine on the SASS that I owned. Not sure that anything much larger would work.
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by onepivot
    Mutanoraptor 2.4's fit fine on the SASS that I owned. Not sure that anything much larger would work.
    2.4" will fit in a SASS...they fit in my SISS...although they rubbed the stays when I climbed....for 3 weeks...then the frame broke...

On my wife's Diss...we took off the 2.4 cause it rolls so slowly...

2.25" is the best IMO....for that frame...allowing for mud clearance...and frame flex...

mtbr member
    I guess I was looking at it from a "Snow" standpoint, and wanted to see what tires I could run max width for snow. I don't have a frame, so I can't put a set on and see, however, I feel that a 2.4 should be ample on a SASS for snow manuverability (i'm talking about riding through a city, not on a trail per say, though that might come up from time to time).

Members who have read this thread: 0