2.3" Pythons- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2.3" Pythons

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

2.3" Pythons

Has anyone run these yet? I saw them advertised in Colorado Cyclist. I run a 2.4" mutano now but it's just a little tight.

Whatever! Just crash it!
    That's a tire I've been wanting Hutch to build for a while. I like the 2.0s for summer terrain in this area. Having a bit more volume would be a very good thing.

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out and post back.

Peter
    If a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. If a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 per minute.

Bike Wrench Blog ** Unfortunate Series of Events

Cold. Blue. Steel.
    Quote Originally Posted by grislybikegeek
    Has anyone run these yet? I saw them advertised in Colorado Cyclist. I run a 2.4" mutano now but it's just a little tight.
    2.0 Pythons were my tire of choice throughout the drier summer months in s. oregon, esp on my old rigid SS. i now use the 2.4 Mutanos with much joy- they remind me of the greatest aspects of the Python (which had been my all time fav. tire) but with a little more grip on the wetter soil and roots around western NC. i would think that a 2.3 Python would be great- take an already capable, light and fast rolling tire and add volume. I would try it if i were you! let us know all the dirty details after you do.
    Spinning and Grinning...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OneGearGuy
    2.0 Pythons were my tire of choice throughout the drier summer months, esp on my old rigid SS. i now use the 2.4 Mutanos with much joy- they remind me of the greatest aspects of the Python (which had been my all time fav. tire) but with a little more grip on the wetter soil and roots around western NC. i would think that a 2.3 Python would be great- take an already cabable, light and fast rolling tire and add volume. I would try it if i were you! let us know all the dirty details after you do.
    I followed the recommendation by someone else in this forum to run a 2.4 Mutano up front and a 2.0 Python on the rear on my SS. It's been a great combination for the dry/rocky/sandy stuff in North Texas. Great for a rigid too.

Whatever! Just crash it!
    Quote Originally Posted by OneGearGuy
    2.0 Pythons were my tire of choice throughout the drier summer months in s. oregon, esp on my old rigid SS. i now use the 2.4 Mutanos with much joy- they remind me of the greatest aspects of the Python (which had been my all time fav. tire) but with a little more grip on the wetter soil and roots around western NC. i would think that a 2.3 Python would be great- take an already capable, light and fast rolling tire and add volume. I would try it if i were you! let us know all the dirty details after you do.
    I'm using the 2.4 Mutano raptors now. They do great in the slushy snow that we get in this part of the country in the winter.
    If a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. If a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 per minute.

And He was Not
    I'm runnin a 2.3 mosquito up front with a 2.3 Spider in the rear(need the knobs for the winter). I think putting a 2.3 Python in the rear this summer would be a good thing. I still think the 2.3 Mosquito on the front is the way to go.

Glad to see a BIG Python in the works.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    The new Pythons (going by the namd Python New Generation), will also have a bit more squared shoulder. Just enough for a bit of a bit in looser stuff. Weight is supposed to be 690 for a folding bead 2.3 and 895 for a folding bead UST 2.3. Should be nice.

Wandering not Lost
    anyone have a link as to where you can get them?

Whatever! Just crash it!
    Quote Originally Posted by BThor
    anyone have a link as to where you can get them?
    Speedgoat has them.

Colorado Cyclist has them too.

They're definitely a little pricy, but for me they're worth a try. I like the 2.0s so much, that the 2.3s are going to be a good bet for a great tire.

Peter