1Up Trainers; any SS'ers using one?- Mtbr.com
    get down!

1Up Trainers; any SS'ers using one?

Thinking about plopping down the 3 bills for one of these puppies and would like to get some feeback from peoples who ride them SS. gratzi!
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

KgB
    SNGLSPD

No SS'er should own a trainer.

-----------------------
    I've been inside too long.

Not because I'm fast.....

I didn't like the trainer........................................... .......

I plopped down 3 bills a couple years ago for a top of the line trainer. I had very high hopes, got it home, set it up and absoultely hated it and was bored out of my mind. Not to mention, it didn't hold me perfectly upright either, but that could have been due to my big 250lb size at the time. I know plenty of people who use them, but from my experience and in my opinion, you'd be better suited to spend your money elsewhere......like on a new Chris King rear SS hub...they are around $300

Good Luck!

get down!
    Quote Originally Posted by KgB
    -----------------------

Single Speed Junkie
    I've been ridding on trainers for a while now, due to winter set in MN and I am a pansy with the cold weather. The 1-up is the best one I have found. Only problem it is a trainer so riding gets old quick, much rather beat my selfup on the trail. If you are serious then yes a trainer would suit you well, if not send your 300 ponies my way.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by appleSSeed
    Thinking about plopping down the 3 bills for one of these puppies and would like to get some feeback from peoples who ride them SS. gratzi!
    This trainer is a work of art. CNC built in the US. It's the quietest and the best there is. It's heavy though and the legs are not ideal for taking from race to race.

For singlespeed, the question is can you get enough resistance to get a workout. With the 1up, I think you can. There's two plates that move together with speed for friction and that thing is adjustable (but not on the fly).

Btw, what makes the trainer good is the 6 lb. flywheel so it coasts nicely like real riding.

francois

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    This trainer is a work of art. CNC built in the US. It's the quietest and the best there is. It's heavy though and the legs are not ideal for taking from race to race.

For singlespeed, the question is can you get enough resistance to get a workout. With the 1up, I think you can. There's two plates that move together with speed for friction and that thing is adjustable (but not on the fly).

Btw, what makes the trainer good is the 6 lb. flywheel so it coasts nicely like real riding.

francois

Try a SportCrafters roller trainer. I have one and it's great. It really let's me work on my spin and balance. It also has options for resistance by adding a second drive belt and/or a a fan blade. It's cold here for me in MN so I need something to do indoors. I ride my SS in 2:1 and it works great for me on my trainer. Coasting is not an option on the roller trainer so it can become a good workout. Plus the trainer only cost me about half of the 1up.

Steamroller

Intrigued by rollers

Rollers always intrigued me. I guess actually bringing the possibility of a crash into my living room is somehow cool. It would make indoor training a bit more fun. Doh! wait I live in So Cal I don't need indoor training
    Two Wheeled and Too Big

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Rollers question

Where did you get your SportsCrafters rollers and what was the cost? I have been looking at the Minoura Mag Rollers and was going to buy that. Do you know how they compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid6.7
    Try a SportCrafters roller trainer. I have one and it's great. It really let's me work on my spin and balance. It also has options for resistance by adding a second drive belt and/or a a fan blade. It's cold here for me in MN so I need something to do indoors. I ride my SS in 2:1 and it works great for me on my trainer. Coasting is not an option on the roller trainer so it can become a good workout. Plus the trainer only cost me about half of the 1up.

get down!
    went ahead and bit the bullet, ordered the 1Up, it's cold as hell here in Kansas, well not today but it was. dude seemed really cool and honored an old MTBR coupon I had but deleted a long time ago so I got a better deal. I gotta get some kind of workout before I go to the midwest summit....yao ming?

mtbr member

sportcrafters

very good rollers. well made, smooth, and the company is very nice. they sell blems
    on ebay and you are getting them direct from the mfr (they make cycle-ops rollers by the way).

just search for sportcrafters on ebay. i picked up brand new ones for under 150 and shipping was cheap and fast. his ebay id is immos and his name is Pete but it doesn't look like there are any on there right now. just keep looking there will be some

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by burdiman
    very good rollers. well made, smooth, and the company is very nice. they sell blems
    on ebay and you are getting them direct from the mfr (they make cycle-ops rollers by the way).

just search for sportcrafters on ebay. i picked up brand new ones for under 150 and shipping was cheap and fast. his ebay id is immos and his name is Pete but it doesn't look like there are any on there right now. just keep looking there will be some

I bought mine through their website. They linked me directly to an online dealer. I've had mine for two years and they were super cheap (cost wise) but very well built. I like mine a lot. I'm currently riding my fixie on it at 36x16 and it is quite a work out.

get down!
    so I got one, a 1up Trainer, but my heels hit the bars....sux 4 me....back to 1up it goes