1st SS ride on new build...stupid amounts of fun- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

1st SS ride on new build...stupid amounts of fun

I just finished building up a SS with the tremendous help of my LBS..."The Hub" in Webster Groves Mo.

It's a 29er, rigid.

Even though I read how "smooth" 29ers were..how well they roll over things, how well a JabberWocky climbs etc. I thought, that's just what people say who plunked down the cash. I wasn't prepared for how TRUE those descriptions were.

I've ridden a 26er HT for 2 1/2 years. I wanted something new for the trails I've ridden a billion times.

First, and foremost, the new ride...is just plane FUN...FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN!

Second, the ride felt more compliant, forgiving and controlled than my Caldera.

Third, climbing was ridiculously fast...and I don't know why.

Now I'm only pushing a 32 x 20, but for the rolling hills of Missouri it was perfect, and was a BLAST to ride!

My 26 HT isn't going anywhere. For certain trails with long fireroads, converted RR lines etc. a 32 x 20 just wouldn't do.

However, I simply cannot believe how much FUN, compliant, smooth and controlled this ride was.

Good times.
    Jabber2.jpg

WNC Native
    Congrats on the build!! And you thought we were all talking hype.

It's a truly refreshing change isn't it?
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

1GEAR
    Dec 2008
    Looks like a fun ride to me

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Congratulations! Isn't it amazing how such a simple bike can be so great? I recently built up a rigid SS 29er to compliment my FS 1x9er 26er. Since the 29er has been built I haven't touched the 26er. I love the challenge of conquering trails and non-29er believers on them.

Members who have read this thread: 0