Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004

1st & 4th owner, new bike? you decide...

Pictured below is a first generation On-One Inbred (the 853 steel one) which I was the original owner of way back in 2000. I owned it until mid-2003, in that time it was probably built up at least a dozen different ways, then the frame and a few bits were sold to local DUI winner in need of transport. He in turn sold the frame & same bits to my LBS owner, who in turn sold the same inventory of goods to me about a month ago. Lucky for me I was able to reverse my initial mistake of letting this gem go. After my re-purchase I outfitted her with Gordo wheels, Fox fork, EA70 hi-rise bars, Thomson post, WTB ti saddle, and some 2.4 inch rubber; definately ready for McKenzie River Trail action this season! I think it's the best build yet because the way it rides now is perfect, I barely think about anything when I'm riding. That's when you know the 4in. air fork, soft cushy rubber, and steel tubes are doing their job; when you just roll with nothing to muck up the visions of granduer being enjoyed while slicing through humanity or the woods. I was definately missing the sensation of simplicity, I knew several months ago that I needed another singlespeed in order for my time on earth to be "perfect."

Oddly enough, the Inbred seems to fit perfectly into my stable which consists of a Banshee Scream, Banshee Scratch, Giant AC1, and a Rocky Mtn. Flow (40lbs. + each!). I am basing my opinion of the stable fit on the fact that now, the Inbred gets ridden virtually daily whereas the others are relegated to weekend warrior status.

I think I even managed a perfect cut for brake cables/housing.

Please opine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "...his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

She's a beauty, glad you got her back.

Hold on to her this time!