12 Hours of Lodi Farms?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

12 Hours of Lodi Farms?

Anyone here doing the race this weekend? I'm thinking about rounding the posse up and going down there. How is the course and is it singlespeedable? This would be my first race on the Surly. Any details or inside information would be helpful.

Thanks
    Hope to see you guys down there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Perfect SS course

LODI is a realatively flat 8 mile loop with lots of cool single track. Expect 10+ ss riders unless the weather is aweful like last year (it rained all 12 hrs of the race).

This is a true grass roots fun race put on by the locals.

Definitely the best race in the area.

Bring down the team and tear it up!

I'll be there on a SS duo team.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Other SSers: JoeP, DmofoT, me.

mtbr member

Hey Drevil...

I finally got the Surly back on the dirt after stripping my pedal out of the crank. You probably don't remember....We were the sorry asses that met you guys up at Fair Hill a few weeks back! Hopefully we won't have mechanicals down there like we did up there.
    Hope to run into you guys there.
    It was nice to ride with you guys even as short as it was. Perhaps we will run across each other at Avalon..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

even more...

Frank Maguire, Travis Colbert, Eric Roman....all SSpeedin' it, all on I.F.s, all recruting for the ECNASSCof the U Part Deux...sucka

Fat Boy Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdogger
    LODI is a realatively flat 8 mile loop with lots of cool single track. Expect 10+ ss riders unless the weather is aweful like last year (it rained all 12 hrs of the race).

This is a true grass roots fun race put on by the locals.

Definitely the best race in the area.

Bring down the team and tear it up!

I'll be there on a SS duo team.

I checked out some of the course this past Saturday. Trails were dry, but pretty messy. A lot of full on branches and trees down, as well as a lot of green carnage from the recent storms. The main bridge (the one that sits a few feet in the air above the water) actually got washed away in the storm and they are trying to rebuild it this week.

They are changing the course up a little this year. Added some length and are running it the opposite way. The end result will be more climbing and some longer gradual climbs. The guy I spoke to out there was from Old Towne Bikes and said it would be harder this year on a ss and easier on a gearie, but that shouldn't stop anyone from having fun.

DT

mtbr member

LODI & Moab

Quote Originally Posted by DmofoT
    I checked out some of the course this past Saturday. Trails were dry, but pretty messy. A lot of full on branches and trees down, as well as a lot of green carnage from the recent storms. The main bridge (the one that sits a few feet in the air above the water) actually got washed away in the storm and they are trying to rebuild it this week.

They are changing the course up a little this year. Added some length and are running it the opposite way. The end result will be more climbing and some longer gradual climbs. The guy I spoke to out there was from Old Towne Bikes and said it would be harder this year on a ss and easier on a gearie, but that shouldn't stop anyone from having fun.

DT

Hey DT, and the rest of the crew, good luck with the LODI race, I'm sure you guys will have a great time, even without me... SNIFF...... be sure to take plenty of pics!

I may have to hook up with you guys in October for the MORE Moab trip. I'll keep my eyes posted on the forum for more details.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

LODI Course

Seems like they switch the direction everyother year or so to keep it interesting. Those of you that skipped the mud fest last year probably won't notice much difference as the course will be back to the previous years direction.

Either way, It will be a great event. See you all there!