12 hour race mojo

Printable View

• 06-23-2005
    teamdicky
    1 Attachment(s)
    12 hour race mojo
    So my wife is in Disney with the boy and I got bored. Add cheap beer and this is what you get. Man, $9 cable TV sucks.

Seriously, is it a really bad idea to do a 12 hour race on a 2.0 tire (rigid KM fork)? I am used to a 2.5, but the 2.0 is .6lbs lighter. Get beat all to hell or climb faster than a monkey on crack??
  • 06-23-2005
    wooglin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by teamdicky
    Seriously, is it a really bad idea to do a 12 hour race on a 2.0 tire (rigid KM fork)?

I don't know, but you, me and OGG are all going to find out together. :)

Nice mojo. Does it glow in the dark? Too bad its only a 12hr race or you could really be stylin'. :D
  • 06-23-2005
    teamdicky
    I don't think it glows anymore
    I found it in the parking lot at Sand Hills in SC. It has been hanging on my wall since then looking for a home. My friend just called and told me that the 2.0 won't kill me so I am sticking with it.
    He will be coming off if the number obscures his view.
  • 06-23-2005
    wooglin
    Quote:

That would suck. There's always duct tape for the quick fix though.
  • 06-24-2005
    bikecop
    F#@%ing work
    sorry I won't be joining you. gotta work! thanks for the gearing advice anyway.
    this work bu!!$h!t is beginning to cut into my free time.
  • 06-24-2005
    striker
    Quote:

I found it in the parking lot at Sand Hills in SC. It has been hanging on my wall since then looking for a home. My friend just called and told me that the 2.0 won't kill me so I am sticking with it.

hang him from the seatpost if you have to move him...
  • 06-24-2005
    OneGearGuy
    My race mojo just went down into a creek last night with a huge thud. :(
    Took a nice little ride with my local krew last night, and didn't make it across a log ride over a creek. The worst part is that I helped construct the log ride to minimize erosion and keep the creek in good shape. Where is the karma in that, lol?! I have ridden across it at least a dozen times, but last night my friend and fellow 12 hour solo competitor, C-note, fell on it too! His knee is banged up and my right shoulder appears to be separated and my right thumb is useless; except for shooting excrutiating pain up into my brain. Can't hardly type this paragraph.
    Maybe a sling and some Celebrex will be my mojo-motto. Of course, this happens right as my dislocated right wrist is healing up...
    So look for the guy on a rigid SS, 2.0 tires (hahahahahaha), bum left shoulder and a right thumb that can barely be used to hitch a ride on the side of a freeway. :D

Slow, stupid and stubborn. The OGG way.
    See you all tomorrow. And watch out- I really like your skelly man!!
  • 06-24-2005
    wooglin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OneGearGuy
    So look for the guy on a rigid SS, 2.0 tires (hahahahahaha), bum left shoulder and a right thumb that can barely be used to hitch a ride on the side of a freeway.

Well that really blows. Look on the bright side though: maybe now I won't be DFL. :D
  • 06-24-2005
    OneGearGuy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wooglin
    Well that really blows. Look on the bright side though: maybe now I won't be DFL. :D

Hell no!!!!!! You better not battle me for that position! :p
    Maybe we can cruise some laps together and converse- take my mind off the pain of my separated shoulder and such... oh, and beer!

OGG