100mm fork Bianchi SASS- Mtbr.com
    Addicted to Dirt

100mm fork Bianchi SASS

I know it has been asked before but the responses didn't give much detail

Who has installed a 100mm suspension fork on a Bianchi SASS? Did you feel a significant change in handling (good or bad)? I want to change the stock rigid fork for a 100mm suspension one but I'm willing to go 80mm if the handling gets all messed up. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I used a 100mm Man. Black on mine for a year and can't say I felt worse off at all, I'd go for it.
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ingluis
    I know it has been asked before but the responses didn't give much detail

Who has installed a 100mm suspension fork on a Bianchi SASS? Did you feel a significant change in handling (good or bad)? I want to change the stock rigid fork for a 100mm suspension one but I'm willing to go 80mm if the handling gets all messed up. Thanks!
    Did you go with the 100mm fork? I just got a SASS and I definitely want a suspenion fork but I don't want to turn it into a tank.

Addicted to Dirt
    I did (Fox F100RL) and like the above poster I don't feel it affected my handling too much. I ran a Talas for a while and varied the travel from 90mm-100mm. The 10mm change was barely noticeable. I'd say go for it. I love this bike now in technical bumpy terrain.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I ran an MX Pro on my old SISS and it was f~ing sweet! It helped me build confidence on downhills too. Never felt flopy or slow, at the time I was riding a lot of twisty singletrack too. One word.. Fun!
    My tapeworm tells me what to do.

Ariolimax columbianus

I have an older SISS

that I bought used with a Fox Float set to 100mm, the geometry on the SISS is the same as the SASS I believe. 100mm made the bike steer too slow on steeper sections and when going over obstacles. The front tire washed out on the steeps with the longer travel fork. When I changed the fork back to 80mm it was a better fit and the bike handled a lot better.

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the trail topography where you ride at. I live in California and we have our share of steep trails.

Members who have read this thread: 0