mtbr member
    Jan 2004

1 inch riser bar suggestions please

I need a bar that's wide and strong, with some sweep, and 1 inch of rise. This is so I can fine tune the height with spacers and still use my current stem. 1-1/2 or 2 inches will just be too high, and my Flat Tracker is a little too low. Light weight is not so critical. Any suggestions or experiance with a product would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    If you have the standard size clamp (not oversized) then the Kore X-Country bar is great.
    Nice and wide (620mm), just under an inch of rise (18mm), light and cheap.

mtbr member

Aluminum TruVativ Team Riser

works if you have a 31.8mm clamp. 1 inch rise, not a bad sweep and 710mm wide for your trim-to-fit pleasure.

mtbr member
    hellbent xc? if you like the sweep of the flat tracker, the hellbent is the same with some rise.

Quote Originally Posted by hu-man
    I need a bar that's wide and strong, with some sweep, and 1 inch of rise. This is so I can fine tune the height with spacers and still use my current stem. 1-1/2 or 2 inches will just be too high, and my Flat Tracker is a little too low. Light weight is not so critical. Any suggestions or experiance with a product would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    go for the on-one mary if money isnt an issue. Nice sweep and angle. good looking bar.

bike dork extraordinaire

Kore, Hellbent, Truvativ are all good.

I've tried all three of these and they're all good low-rise bars. I bent the Kore bar after a bad crash, and I stll have the other two on my bikes. I also like about an inch of rise with low weight if possible. Of these three, I would go with the Hellbent XC, just because it seems to be both the lightest and stiffest of the three IMHO.

mtbr member
    yeah, I'm on a mary now, need to get a pic up, but i'm in the middle of swapping to a new SS frame. wellll... new to me anyway.
    best ~$60 I've ever spent on a bar! (webcyclery has 'em for $65 now)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Titec Hellion

If you can find one. I keep an eye on ebay.

I like endos

bit more expensive but

a helluva bar. Titec C3 oversize. Great bar, I love it. Light (140 g !) and strong.
    As for the Pyramids, there is nothing to wonder at in them so much as the fact that so many men could be found degraded enough to spend their lives constructing a tomb for some ambitious booby, whom it would have been wiser and manlier to have drowned in the Nile, and then given his body to the dogs. - Henry David Thoreau

Sofa King We Todd Did
    Treat yourself to an Easton carbon riser bar from Colorado Cyclist. They're currently going for about $40 - I've never seen them this cheap.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

answer protaper

Quote Originally Posted by hu-man
    I'd say anser protaper, I just got the 2" version, but they also have a 620mm, wide XC 1"rise version, should be pretty good. Nice sweep, and one of the lighter, aluminum bars, similiar to the easton ea70 bars. I don't think I would want a carbon bar on a single speed.
    I just upgraded to a thomson stem and 2" protaper, from a raceface prodigy stem with a titec 1.5" bar, so far it is a much lighter, stiffer setup, the prodigy stem is flexxy and crap!!, lots of squeeks, and visible flexing when hammering, climbing. Gotta go and try out the new setup

mtbr member

Kore or Titec?

I read a couple of mixed reviews now about Kore xc bars, some bend some are great. They are nice and light and cheap - $15 at Pricepoint. But for $5 more the Titec hellbent seems stronger but stiffer and heavier.

What is better for SS? A litlle bit 'o flex or strong and stiff? Running this on a rigid fork and 2.25 trailbears, trying to keep this on the cheap, any advice appreciated
    Last edited by disco; 08-05-2005 at 05:23 AM.

I like endos

get the 7075 31.8 oversize hellbent.

Quote Originally Posted by disco
    I read a couple of mixed reviews now about Kore xc bars, some bend some are great. They are nice and light and cheap - $15 at Pricepoint. But for $5 more the Titec hellbent seems stronger but stiffer and heavier.

What is better for SS? A litlle bit 'o flex or strong and stiff? Running this on a rigid fork and 2.25 trailbears, trying to keep this on the cheap, any advice appreciated
    just get on bestbikebuys.com and search for titec hellbent xc. The 7075 version only weighs 200g and can be had for about $25 in oversize!
    As for the Pyramids, there is nothing to wonder at in them so much as the fact that so many men could be found degraded enough to spend their lives constructing a tomb for some ambitious booby, whom it would have been wiser and manlier to have drowned in the Nile, and then given his body to the dogs. - Henry David Thoreau

mtbr member

New question here. Pf

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerFly
    just get on bestbikebuys.com and search for titec hellbent xc. The 7075 version only weighs 200g and can be had for about $25 in oversize!
    Do you know how wide it is??

Thanks

I like endos

640mm

Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee
    Do you know how wide it is??

Thanks
    or about 25in. Which is just right for me, but you know, some guys use like 27 and 28 in bars on here, so go with your preference. I like the feel of titec bars.

mtbr member

need standard size

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerFly
    thanks but I'm looking for something in standard size -just wondering if the hellbent riser at pricepoint is too beefy and stiff (315g)? it's only $20 what's an extra 1/4 pound?

I like endos

If you can find the 7075 version

Quote Originally Posted by disco
    thanks but I'm looking for something in standard size -just wondering if the hellbent riser at pricepoint is too beefy and stiff (315g)? it's only $20 what's an extra 1/4 pound?
    it's after market and only 200g. The 6061 version (the heavy one) is a OE part that lots of places sell for really cheap. However, the standard size aftermarket version can be had for around $30 if you can find one, and you'd shave 114g.