05 vs. 06 Rig- Mtbr.com

Thread: 05 vs. 06 Rig

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

05 vs. 06 Rig

Is there much difference between the 05 and 06 Rig? IM looking at a used 05 Rig and wondering if I should wait for an 06.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The '06 gets a slightly different version of the Reba fork, someone else will have to fill you in on the particulars on that.
    Different headset, and that's in. Either one will rock.

YO MAMA

mtbr member
    Jim -

Buy it, as long as you don't mind riding a purple bike. Excellent deal, as I've been considering it myself.

Kevin

Recovering couch patato
    Over on the 29" board they'll tell you the new one has a nicer CaneCreek headset. Maybe some other minor changes. The 06 is being sold in shops already, that should bring resale value of the 05 down a bit for you?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I think the 06 has lesser brake levers, while the 05 has the nice speed dials. Frame is exactly the same though, as are wheels, and they're the main things you're buying on this bike. I love my 05, and prefer the quirky purple to a fairly bog-standard black.

Sam

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Well, I pulled the trigger. I pick up a 3 month old Rig tomorrow. I really wanted a steel SS but you cant beat a deal on a complete bike. Maybe I can get an 853 or OX steel frame next year and swap the parts over.

Members who have read this thread: 0