Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Turner Warranty customer service?

2K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  cburden 
#1 ·
Hey all!

I sent my Turner frame in last week for a warranty issue. Of course, I filed a claim and received an RA before sending it in. However, I haven't heard anything from Turner; not that they received it, how it is being handled, not a timeline when to expect it back, nothing.

I've sent off a few emails inquiring about it, but haven't heard back. I hate to be a nuisance, but would like to get back on the bike and plan a last couple weekends before the summer is over.

Maybe the Turner office is closed for vacation?

What was your warranty experience with Turner, if you've had one?

Thanks!

#3 ·
Warranty experience in the past has been top notch. To be fair, with EuroBike and InterBike going on and other things going on in the background, I think they're probably just out of town - they're a small shop.

Happens from time to time :)

#4 ·
David is at EuroBike, along with I-don't-know-how-many-of-his-crew. Greg has always been the warranty guy (to my knowledge) and could very well be traveling with the troop.

I would follow-up with a phone call. I'm sure they left someone at Turner HQ to answer the phone.

-Raynman59

#10 ·
There is even a good chance that DT will see this thread and pop in with a response from the Old Country.

They do not suck at CS, at all.

Instead, they may all be out ripping on the new RFX, unable to force themselves back to their desks!

#12 ·
Hey all, again!

I followed up with a phone call to Turner, and was stuck with only being able to leave a voicemail in various departments. It doesn't seem like anyone is there to answer the phones.

Now I'm worried that my warranty service is going to take an EXTRA long time. I'll be lucky to be back on the trails by October! :-( The repair is estimated to be about 2 weeks from whenever they get around to it. Hence, the "October" timeline.

#15 ·
I think they are all in Europe for the bike show. They are not a big outfit so when a few of them go, well, that is most of them.

#13 ·
Hey Octane;

You can be happy that there is a warranty and that Turner honors it. There are plenty of bike companies that wiggle their way out of warranty coverage, by saying things like the rear half of the frame is not part of the frame etc....

Greg will take care of you in the fastest possible way. That might not be as fast as you can get your cell phone battery replaced, you are just going to have to live with that.

The more alarming question is, why do you only own one bike????????

#17 ·
UPDATE:

I received an update today (Friday) from Greg letting me know that my frame was received, and the repairs are progressing. At this time I should get the bike back before October, but well after Labor Day.

#18 ·
I bought my 5spot HL in 2006. One of the main reason going for Turner was the excellent reputation of their customer care. And i loved the build to last ideology.

The choice was right!

I have recently managed to bend my HL seat stays. Emailed Greg and he was still able to find me a replacement after ten years.

Thats it, CS!

Just would like to add few thoughts.
Love is the most beautiful thing in the world.
Riding a bicycle is one of the most beautiful ways to express one`s existence.
No bike should be build to be disposable item.

Nice rides to everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.